Article on Wahab (Akok) Visit, interesting... | The Boneyard

Article on Wahab (Akok) Visit, interesting...

Reaction Score
UConn Men's Recruits Qudus Wahab, Akok Akok Set To Visit This Week

Could be another big weekend for the staff and program with these 2 kids coming in. Like what Coach Reed says, kid seems to have great upside and looking at him nice size to build off of. Would be a wonderful Husky.

Anyway as you go down to the notes I found very interesting was who is attending the AAC meetings with the coaches. Jalen Adams as expected but the other 2 are Tarin Smith and Eric Cobb. It could be as simple as they are the only seniors on the team and probably is. But you would think a Vital might have earned his way on as someone who contributed last year? Just found it eye opening first look.

Reaction Score
Cobb has come a long way. He's always had some talent, now it seems he's in great shape mentally and physically. I hope he has a great year.

Agree he looks great and we can hope that's a sign of commitment finally right. I mean you watch the handle, the physicality, the passing ability and rebounding there's something there. He seems like a smart player so when he was late helping and getting back off the hedge I think was more of lackadaisical than knowing where to be. Hope I'm right because he can be a factor. Already a good sign the kid who was suspended last year is gong to the AAC meeting I think. Hurley's not letting him go just for being a senior unless he's putting in the work.

Reaction Score
Vital has been the overlooked guy in both of the past two pre-seasons. If Hurley is undervaluing CV now, he has a lesson coming. Vital may not be the quickest, the cleverest or the prettiest, but he is far and away the one most likely to fill up the stat sheet.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Vital has been the overlooked guy in both of the past two pre-seasons. If Hurley is undervaluing CV now, he has a lesson coming. Vital may not be the quickest, the cleverest or the prettiest, but he is far and away the one most likely to fill up the stat sheet.

Hopefully at a far more efficient rate than in previous years. Otherwise, can be a net negative.

Reaction Score
UConn Men's Recruits Qudus Wahab, Akok Akok Set To Visit This Week

Could be another big weekend for the staff and program with these 2 kids coming in. Like what Coach Reed says, kid seems to have great upside and looking at him nice size to build off of. Would be a wonderful Husky.

Anyway as you go down to the notes I found very interesting was who is attending the AAC meetings with the coaches. Jalen Adams as expected but the other 2 are Tarin Smith and Eric Cobb. It could be as simple as they are the only seniors on the team and probably is. But you would think a Vital might have earned his way on as someone who contributed last year? Just found it eye opening first look.

You take seniors to these over juniors. I would read nothing more into it than that.

Reaction Score
Vital might be too much of a bad boy. He needs to stay angry and hungry, not be diplomatic with opponents.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Even with his inefficient shooting Vital was one of the only net positive players on the team last year.

Yes and no. He was a max effort guy, which I loved. But often a black hole on offense. Hopefully Hurley can real him in and maximize his strengths.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Fairly quiet from our guys this last week... Hoping bc they have good news they can't spill yet

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yes and no. He was a max effort guy, which I loved. But often a black hole on offense. Hopefully Hurley can real him in and maximize his strengths.
he wasn't a black hole on offense, he wasn't coached right or given a role. we didnt have an offense last year. The only thing with him that was aggravating was when he dribbled and went to the rim.

Reaction Score

Vital bring swag to the game. Hurley loves his swag. I wouldn’t say Hurley isn’t going to play him because he didn’t go to the AAC meeting.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
he wasn't a black hole on offense, he wasn't coached right or given a role. we didnt have an offense last year. The only thing with him that was aggravating was when he dribbled and went to the rim.

Exact opposite for me. I loved when he put it on the floor and took it to the rim in the offense. He often dished out of the drive to good results. Didn't do it enough, and it's def part of his game.

Now Vital in the open floor 4 on 1 is going to the rim ever time. That definitely aggravated me.

'Black hole' might not be the right term, but maybe half his shots were terrible looks. That's got to get to 10% or less.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Vital's decision making didn't look nearly as bad his freshman year when we had some semblance of an offense. Last year was a trainwreck offensively; Vital definitely took too many bad shots, but we also didn't do anything except pass the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock hit 10 seconds for most of our possessions. Put him in a decent offense and I think you'll see a lot of Vital's terrible shots go away.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
This is the first true test for the staff, I think. It seems like Bouknight and Gaffney had been strongly leaning our way for a while and the OV was more ceremonial than anything, whereas Akok has only recently started to swing our way.

I think we're going to be running up against Cuse, PC, Pitt, GTown, etc. more often than not given Danny's regional preference for recruits, so this would be quite the statement that we're back and not messing around. Lets close this out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom