Article on USA Today first team players and coach | The Boneyard

Article on USA Today first team players and coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
So, Breanna would like to meet the President. Hmmm...work hard and ya never know:cool:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Impressed by Moriah's academic achievements. Sounds like she'll enter UConn academically as a Sophomore or close to it. Who knows she just might be able to get most of her Master requirements out of the way if that's what she wants to do in four years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Impressed by Moriah's academic achievements. Sounds like she'll enter UConn academically as a Sophomore or close to it. Who knows she just might be able to get most of her Master requirements out of the way if that's what she wants to do in four years.
Dr. Moriah Jefferson, Point Guard Extraordinaire.

HGN

Reaction Score
Player familiarity with each other and with the current UConn players hopefully will go a long way with establishing team chemistry. The team has elite talent. If team chemistry can be established early I see FF and NC.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Reminder: the Coach of the Year and his soph daughter [who had 28 in the title game in the Arizona state championship]
were in Hartford for the Big East tourney....presumably [?] on an unofficial visit to UConn.

HGN

Reaction Score
Reminder: the Coach of the Year and his soph daughter [who had 28 in the title game in the Arizona state championship]
were in Hartford for the Big East tourney....presumably [?] on an unofficial visit to UConn.
Any word on how well her trip went ?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The fact that Breanna looks up to Kevin Durant is also a positive. There are some similarities between the two of them, and I cannot imagine a better guy to look up to. BTW, it's too bad we're not going to OU in the near future because a) KD was at the last UConn-OU game, and b) I'm sure he would have been more than happy to meet Breanna. I'm sure their paths will cross at some point, though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The fact that Breanna looks up to Kevin Durant is also a positive. There are some similarities between the two of them, and I cannot imagine a better guy to look up to. BTW, it's too bad we're not going to OU in the near future because a) KD was at the last UConn-OU game, and b) I'm sure he would have been more than happy to meet Breanna. I'm sure their paths will cross at some point, though.
And (c) we don't get to see Sherri!

286535780-13214025.jpg

Reaction Score
The 2 of them were in Ct the week before the Big East Tournament. Attended the nightmare of a game vs Notre Dame.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
who are these Beyonce & Kobe people?

and thanks 3rdbass for the photo ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The print version of the article had a few additional details.

Some interesting notes:

Moriah is 5'7" and 120 lbs. One of the lightest players I've seen in a while.

Alexis Jones' mother ran track at A&M, but she chose Duke. Diamond DeShield's mother ran track at Tennessee, so she won't choose the LVs. :D

Last year's NPOY is cited. How did she do? 15 ppg for the #4 team nationally, BE FOY and 6th Man of the Year. Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom