That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
BIG 12 BASKETBALL

Rori Harmon Misses Texas Opener With Injury​

838869fdc41b8ee26950382867dd172e

ByMatthew Postins
Posted on November 12, 2022
NCAA Womens Basketball: Texas at Tennessee

Unfortunately, nothing new on Harmon's status. Perhaps she and Morris will be a game time decision. Texas guard Rori Harmon sat out Friday’s season opener with Louisiana, leaving her availability for Monday’s Top 25 showdown with UConn up in the air. Harmon was in uniform but had her right foot in a walking boot. She sat on the bench throughout the contest. Texas won the opener, 68-45, with Oregon State transfer Taylor Jones scoring 21 points in her Texas regular-season debut.

After the game, Texas coach Vic Schaefer said that Harmon’s injury was minor but wouldn’t commit to playing Harmon on Monday. The same went for DePaul transfer Sonya Morris, who joined the team in the offseason. Morris has a back injury.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Is it possible she got hurt in the game?

Reaction Score
I expect both will play.........whether they will be effective is another matter.....

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thought TX post game presser would be interesting since UConn questions are of course asked

Vic very subdued. Not happy with performance, injuries, you name it. One player at the podium. Says it has always been a dream to play UConn. Who is she??

Then pivots to how they can beat UConn with effort, etc

Reaction Score
That's Taylor Jones. She's their primary post scorer, though she comes off the bench currently. She was a 5-star recruit out of high school and went to Ore St.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That's Taylor Jones. She's their primary post scorer, though she comes off the bench currently. She was a 5-star recruit out of high school and went to Ore St.
Thanks.

Reaction Score
Your game thoughts were great. Cut to the bone information. We match up well and deep!

Reaction Score
I have something of a dilemma on Monday night.
I moved to Corpus Christi in April and Texas is playing UCONN.
I like my Longhorns, but I still LOVE ❤️ my Huskies.
I think UCONN has a bit too much talent & determination coming in to this contest.
Game should be neck and neck early, but Huskies should wear down Texas and put it away in the 4th quarter.
Especially if Caroline is ready to rumble.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was never impressed with Morris when she was at DePaul in the games she played against UConn. I do not recall one game where she played well against us.
I guess it depends on what you mean by played well. Has she had some good scoring games against UConn? Yes. She scored 19 points twice and put up 20 points in another game. In 2 of those games she shot the ball pretty well, in the other not so much (8-23). There were a couple of games in which she scored single digits. All of those games were losses, of course.

Texas's offense is much different than DePaul's so she may not be putting up 16-17 FGAs/game like she did at DePaul the past 2 seasons. Still, she was recruited to Texas to score points. The UConn staff has a pretty good scouting report on her.

Reaction Score
After watching the Texas game, I think that UConn will dismantle Texas. They scored only 68 points against a feisty, but very short opponent who got 25 turnovers; but missed a lot of free throws.

The 21 points that that Texas got from their forward will not be repeated against UConn's formidable front court. The UConn guards are in another dimension both offensively and defensively.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom