Article on Stewart's award | The Boneyard

Article on Stewart's award

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"The fact that she chose UConn that tells me a lot about her because Geno (Auriemma) is no slouch," Leslie said. "He's a tough coach who brings out the best in each one of his players. His goal is the same goal that every school should have and that is to win a championship. You can shy away from that or you can decide to go join them. That says a lot about her heart and commitment. She's already had a few practices, so she sounds like it's going well. But of course Geno's not there yet. So I said, 'Well, enjoy it but it's definitely going to get harder.'"

LINK

And from syracuse.com with a quote from Geno....

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
It has to be hard for a young person like Breanna to stay humble and not get a big head over the awards and recognition she's received. Not sure if I would be able to handle it when I was her age.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice endorsement of Uconn from LL.
I wonder how well she actually knows Geno, or if she gets her info second hand from folks like Sue and Dee.
Edit: And what great fotos! I don't think I have seen any of Breanna dressed to the nines. She cleans up good!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Breanna sounds like one of those people who will always be humble. It has been ingrained from birth by her parents.

Geno finds amazing kids. Maya was as athletic and talented a player as we have seen. And she was also the hardest worker. Breanna sounds exactly the same.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She keeps things in perspective, but is also uber-confident. Definitely nice to get a kid out of high school who's got swagger and the work ethic/humility needed to get to where she wants to go. Maya was like that. Hopefully Breanna has a similar trajectory.

Reaction Score
Nice endorsement of Uconn from LL.
I wonder how well she actually knows Geno, or if she gets her info second hand from folks like Sue and Dee.
Edit: And what great fotos! I don't think I have seen any of Breanna dressed to the nines. She cleans up good!

Geno was an assistant coach on the 2000 USA women's basketball Olympic team which won the gold medal, of which Lisa was a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom