Articles from this morning's Connecticut Basketball Coaches Breakfast (Hurley quotes) | The Boneyard

Articles from this morning's Connecticut Basketball Coaches Breakfast (Hurley quotes)

Reaction Score
“I don’t really know who is gonna start Monday night’s exhibition. At best I could say maybe 2-3 guys that would be starting, a lot of it is gonna be determined through Sunday,” Hurley said.

“You want to see people battling and earning their role. Literally, going into the year I think Alex (Karaban) is the only one that you looked at and just said, ‘This guy’s an automatic starter.’ I think you can make a case that every other starting spot needs to be earned. And they always have to be earned, but with so much roster turnover, there’s so much for people to compete for. You want to see that right now.”

Alternate access:
In Monday’s exhibition vs. Rhode Island, UConn coach Dan Hurley wants to see bets begin to pay off

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That alternate access doesn't work anymore haha. They found a way to block it.

Reaction Score
That alternate access doesn't work anymore haha. They found a way to block it.
Sorry about that. It works on all my home computers but for some reason when I do it at work it doesn't work. Any IT people know why?

Reaction Score
Sorry about that. It works on all my home computers but for some reason when I do it at work it doesn't work. Any IT people know why?
It doesn't work for me anywhere anymore. Would love to know if you figure out a solution.

Reaction Score
From Dave Borges.

Typically, Hurley has played two closed-door scrimmages in preparation for the regular season. Due to the exhibition game, this year it will only be one, against Harvard, whom Hurley has scrimmaged behind closed doors since his days as URI's head coach.

"Just trying to get something done in public," Hurley said of the exhibition. "Something without a lot of travel, but we can simulate an overnight trip. Get some of the jitters out that you wouldn't normally get out until the opener. A chance to play at Mohegan, something we've tried to put something together to do."

I guess someone else will have to post the alternate access.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom