Arsenal v Chelsea | The Boneyard

Arsenal v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, Mertesacker sent off with a straight red in 18th minute, Giroud subbed off in 22nd minute (he, and the crowd were all stunned at that decision), and then Costa scores to put the Blues up 1-0 in the 23rd minute. Should be an interesting final 60+ minutes. I'd wager there will be at least one more red card before this is through.

Reaction Score
Once day, Arsenal will beat Chelsea. I missed the first 30 minutes as I was sledding with the kids; but, had no issue with the straight red. Costa getting the goal was painful Can't stand that jerk. Was glad that even with 10 men, the Gunners were able to get some pressure.

In better news, the Broncos got to Brady early and often and now Tommy boy will be watching the Super Bowl from the couch with his supermodel wife.

Reaction Score
Arsenal controlled the play with only 10 men and had some great chance to tie it upm and even win. They were unlucky in a number of spots, and hurt themselves with a few others.
There is a lot of season left, but the top 4 is pretty interesting right now and the next 4 weeks, thru Feb will go a LONG way in determining how things may finish. .

- Leicester is 3 points clear, but they have a very tough 3 game stretch ahead of them, hosting Liverpool, @ City, and then @ Arsenal. over the next 3 weeks. To their advantage, they are knocked out of all Cup competitions and were never part of the European competitions, so they only have to focus on EPL games and should be pretty fresh. If Leicester can get 6 points or better in these next 3 I think they will stick in the top 3 and have a very good chance to win the League. My guess is they get 3 points max and slowly start to slide, but still finish top 4.
- City is tied with Arsenal but ahead on GD,, and they have a ton of games over the next month. Between Cap One, FA Cup, EPL, and UCL they are going to be busy thru the month of Feb.. In the EPL the have @ Sunderland, v Leicester, and v Spurs. and sprinkle in three more games in this time frame v Everton in FA Cup, @ Villa in Cape One Cup, and @ Dynamo Kyiv in UCL.
- Arsenal is even with City but behind on GD, and they are also still in FA Cup and UCL. For EPL matches they are v Southampton, @ Bournemouoth, v Leicester, and @ United. In addition they host Burnley in FA Cup, and Barca in UCL. A bit more manageable than City, but a lot of matches.
- Spurs are 4th, but 2 points off of City and Arsenal, and 5 off Leicester. They too are in FA Cup and have to deal with Europa Play in addition to EPL. Their next few in EPL are @ Norwich, v Watford, and @ City. In addition they are @ Colchester in FA Cup and @ Fiorentina (who is pretty much the Tottenham of Italy) for Europa League.

Reaction Score
Arsenal controlled the play with only 10 men and had some great chance to tie it upm and even win. They were unlucky in a number of spots, and hurt themselves with a few others.
There is a lot of season left, but the top 4 is pretty interesting right now and the next 4 weeks, thru Feb will go a LONG way in determining how things may finish. .

- Leicester is 3 points clear, but they have a very tough 3 game stretch ahead of them, hosting Liverpool, @ City, and then @ Arsenal. over the next 3 weeks. To their advantage, they are knocked out of all Cup competitions and were never part of the European competitions, so they only have to focus on EPL games and should be pretty fresh. If Leicester can get 6 points or better in these next 3 I think they will stick in the top 3 and have a very good chance to win the League. My guess is they get 3 points max and slowly start to slide, but still finish top 4.
- City is tied with Arsenal but ahead on GD,, and they have a ton of games over the next month. Between Cap One, FA Cup, EPL, and UCL they are going to be busy thru the month of Feb.. In the EPL the have @ Sunderland, v Leicester, and v Spurs. and sprinkle in three more games in this time frame v Everton in FA Cup, @ Villa in Cape One Cup, and @ Dynamo Kyiv in UCL.
- Arsenal is even with City but behind on GD, and they are also still in FA Cup and UCL. For EPL matches they are v Southampton, @ Bournemouoth, v Leicester, and @ United. In addition they host Burnley in FA Cup, and Barca in UCL. A bit more manageable than City, but a lot of matches.
- Spurs are 4th, but 2 points off of City and Arsenal, and 5 off Leicester. They too are in FA Cup and have to deal with Europa Play in addition to EPL. Their next few in EPL are @ Norwich, v Watford, and @ City. In addition they are @ Colchester in FA Cup and @ Fiorentina (who is pretty much the Tottenham of Italy) for Europa League.

Good review, thanks. After the Arsenal game, the talking heads on NBC were noting how even the Premiership is this season and how many points it will take to win it. Apparently, the record for the lowest point total of the League winner is 75 when Man U captured the title in in 1996/7. With about 60% of the season in the book and with Leicester in the lead with 47 points, its possible (Leicester would be projected to finish with 78 points at this time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom