Arrogant and Spoiled | The Boneyard

Arrogant and Spoiled

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ed was right.

Just seal clubbed Gtown mid-February.
Team will be #1 in the country another week on Monday.
Twelve game win streak and all were conference games.

It's the day before Taylor Swift's BF is playing football at an Usher concert, and not much of significance is going on.

And the BY is basically dead. A morgue.

Reaction Score
We do it with class. Danny really got everyone going in the right direction. There’s a reason we’re number 1 and Purdue isn’t gaining much steam on us. Who can F with us

Reaction Score
With 12 straight wins in conference perhaps we need to consider if our conference is as good as we hoped. Not super sure it is.
The schedule favored us after years of starting out with tough road games .
Butler of all people was our toughest road game YTD in conference.
St Johns was at MSG hardly a road game .
Xavier pre season the only expected loss , should have been a tougher one but injuries hurt them
I’m not as so much impressed with the record per se as the fact we accomplished it with some key injuries . Toughing out wins that could have been losses .
We have difficult games at Marquette, Creighton, and Providence
The league itself has underperformed its gawky expectations but injuries to key players have been a part of it .

Reaction Score
Xavier pre season the only expected loss , should have been a tougher one but injuries hurt them
I’m not as so much impressed with the record per se as the fact we accomplished it with some key injuries . Toughing out wins that could have been losses .
The league itself has underperformed its gawky expectations but injuries to key players have been a part of it .
The league has really underperformed I believe. I watch other leagues and other than us I can't see Big East teams winning many games in the tournament. And I don't give a rats butt about how the other Big East teams do.

Reaction Score
Marquette could give us trouble and we play them twice. Playing SJ even right now at home.

Reaction Score
With 12 straight wins in conference perhaps we need to consider if our conference is as good as we hoped. Not super sure it is.
It is. BE is the third strongest league after the big12 and sec. Just look at bracketology... projected to get 5 out of the 11 teams in and 4 more are on the bubble. That’s much stronger than the big10, acc and pac.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ed was right.

Just seal clubbed Gtown mid-February.
Team will be #1 in the country another week on Monday.
Twelve game win streak and all were conference games.

It's the day before Taylor Swift's BF is playing football at an Usher concert, and not much of significance is going on.

And the BY is basically dead. A morgue.
The reason you get more posts after loses is because angry fans go back and forth about why they’re mad, and lots of folks reminding said fans they’re bad fans for being mad.

There isn’t much to say after a curb stomping that someone else hasn’t said. Great job team, keep the ball rolling.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's hilarious how dead the yard is when the team is rolling.

Threads on giving the ball back to the refs NBA all-time top10, and complaining about commentators like Donny.

People like to moan. Negative news and social media tough guys are the norm. There's some weird subculture of fans that relish being right about something in their eyes when we lose

I'm here through thick and thin. I was here through the rough Ollie years. Which is part of the reason my seats are so good nowadays . I took advantage of those "forever seats", when others were bailing

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The reason you get more posts after loses is because angry fans go back and forth about why they’re mad, and lots of folks reminding said fans they’re bad fans for being mad.

There isn’t much to say after a curb stomping that someone else hasn’t said. Great job team, keep the ball rolling.

It was clubbing baby seals not a curb stomping.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Those season has been the best since UConn rejoined the BE as far as how schedule was overlayed on UConn injuries, timing and breaks.

Reaction Score
We do it with class. Danny really got everyone going in the right direction. There’s a reason we’re number 1 and Purdue isn’t gaining much steam on us. Who can F with us
Guy on the broadcast compared us straight up with Purdue, said Clingan would negate Edey and Purdue has nothing past him; we win.

That was my thought since very early on in the season

Reaction Score
Guy on the broadcast compared us straight up with Purdue, said Clingan would negate Edey and Purdue has nothing past him; we win.

That was my thought since very early on in the season
Watching Purdue now killing Indiana . Edey is a 10 story building. Not a lot of touch. Tough to get inside on him but our overall talent is better.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The current situation reminds me of this oldie:
A man is sent to prison for the first time. At night, the lights in the cell block are turned off, and his cellmate goes over to the bars and yells, "Number twelve!" The whole cell block breaks out laughing. A few minutes later, somebody else in the cell block yells, "Forty-four!" Again, the whole cell block breaks out laughing.
The new guy asks his cellmate what's going on. "Well," says the older prisoner, "we've all been in this here prison for so long, we all know the same jokes. So we just yell out the number instead of saying the whole joke."
So the new guy walks up to the bars and yells, "Twenty-three!" There was dead silence in the cell block. He asks the older prisoner, "What's wrong? Why didn't I get any laughs?"
"Well," said the older man, "some people can't tell a joke"

Forget the punchline, we're living the set-up. How often can you repeat the same thing? We should just go to the same system. I'll start:

Eleven!

Reaction Score

You are correct. I noticed this with all sports blogs regardless of which team the blog is for

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom