Around the Horn Kudos to KLS | The Boneyard

Around the Horn Kudos to KLS

Reaction Score
A few minutes ago during the faceoff portion of today's episode of ESPN's Around the Horn, Lou's 10-for-10 from beyond the three-point arc last night was highlighted. Bill Plashke and Bob Ryan were the two remaining panelists. They were, obviously, quite complimentary of both the individual effort and Geno's refusal to run up a score against an opponent. Plashke won the point and got the face time.

Reaction Score
''When she gets like that, it's a thing to watch man,'' UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. ''She probably could have got 50 at least tonight. By the time that first quarter ended, you knew it was going to be a different kind of night for her, a different kind of night.''
Samuelson's 10-for-10 from 3 leads UConn to AAC title

Geno, why you don't let Lou to score 50+ ???

Reaction Score
''When she gets like that, it's a thing to watch man,'' UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. ''She probably could have got 50 at least tonight. By the time that first quarter ended, you knew it was going to be a different kind of night for her, a different kind of night.''
Samuelson's 10-for-10 from 3 leads UConn to AAC title

Geno, why you don't let Lou to score 50+ ???
That's for the other Huskies. Don't think Geno would see it as being useful for the team, and you know how the coaching staff likes to use every minute of every game and practice to do something productive to move the team forward in a meaningful way.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That's for the other Huskies. Don't think Geno would see it as being useful for the team, and you know how the coaching staff likes to use every minute of every game and practice to do something productive to move the team forward in a meaningful way.

Lame cheap shot. UW wasn't up by 60 at the end of 3 quarters like UConn was. Coincidentally I watched a replay of that game late last night. Plum had 38 thru 3 quarters. After sitting out the start of the 4th quarter, Osahor drew her 5th foul after about a minute of game time, around the 8 minute mark. The outcome of the game was still in doubt. Plum scored 19 points in the next 6 minutes. The game still wasn't completely in the bag at that point, Utah just wouldn't go away.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Lame cheap shot. UW wasn't up by 60 at the end of 3 quarters like UConn was. Coincidentally I watched a replay of that game late last night. Plum had 38 thru 3 quarters. After sitting out the start of the 4th quarter, Osahor drew her 5th foul after about a minute of game time, around the 8 minute mark. The outcome of the game was still in doubt. Plum scored 19 points in the next 6 minutes. The game still wasn't completely in the bag at that point, Utah just wouldn't go away.
I didn't view this as a cheap shot. He is talking about how Geno relates practices visa vi all the backstory coverage the UConn Huskies get via SNY tv weekly show or now in the HBO weekly show.
I have reviewed all of Wash box scores and did not once think there was stat padding as Plum was needed in all their games. She and coach Mike are "good" in my book...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I didn't view this as a cheap shot. He is talking about how Geno relates practices visa vi all the backstory coverage the UConn Huskies get via SNY tv weekly show or now in the HBO weekly show.

Then he could've talked about Geno and his practices without making a gratuitous reference to "the other Huskies."

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maybe I overreacted, but it seemed unnecessary. I think any coach would rest the starters if they had a 60 point lead after 3 quarters. Very few teams ever have that kind of margin in any game though.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UW needs a single player to put up 57 points to win. UConn does not. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.
Great clarification, that one. Very illuminating to point out how special it is that UConn can win without one player getting 57. I'll be sure to save a link to this thread for those frequent occasions when someone argues to the contrary.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wanna keep this discussion in proper perspective.

Milk It Baby!.jpeg

As Joe Pesci asked Fred Gwynne: "And she's cute too?"

Reaction Score
Great clarification, that one. Very illuminating to point out how special it is that UConn can win without one player getting 57. I'll be sure to save a link to this thread for those frequent occasions when someone argues to the contrary.
We can thank Geno and CD for building such incredibly balanced teams over the years. There have been only a handful of games in over three decades where one player has scored 40+ points, and even a player breaking 30 points doesn't happen all that often which is why we get excited when it happens. Until this season, I don't think any of the current team members ever broke 25 points in a game.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Maybe I overreacted, but it seemed unnecessary. I think any coach would rest the starters if they had a 60 point lead after 3 quarters. Very few teams ever have that kind of margin in any game though.

Duke did it to UCONN in the 1964 NCAA Elite 8 game in the Eastern Regionals. Up 62-27 at halftime, they proceeded to leave their starters in for most of the 2H. Final score 101-54.

Duke coach Vic Bubas was pissed that UCONN's first year coach Fred Shabel left his asst. job at Duke to go to UCONN. The vindictive scumbag was rubbing it in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom