Army | The Boneyard

Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team is lost. They were totally outplayed and out hustled tonight versus a winless Army team. Too many mental lapses defensively. I know they are young but expected to see an improved team out there this year over a team that performed above expectations last year. Very disappointed at the effort. They play real soft for a big team size wise.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Just a terrible hockey game to watch. Why Nichols played is beyond me.

Reaction Score
This team is lost. They were totally outplayed and out hustled tonight versus a winless Army team. Too many mental lapses defensively. I know they are young but expected to see an improved team out there this year over a team that performed above expectations last year. Very disappointed at the effort. They play real soft for a big team size wise.
Should be interesting to see what type of spin the Wizard of Oz puts on the game during his post game interview tonight. Do you think Mr. Warde Manuel might be scratching his head right now?

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
hockeyfan44 said:
Should be interesting to hear what the Wizard of Oz has to say at during his post game interview tonight. Do you think Mr. Warde Manuel might be scratching his head right now?

No. Nor should he.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just got back home and I wish I never left home to begin with. Thoroughly outplayed by the worst team on our schedule. I don't know if the team got too high on themselves after beating BU, but we haven't won since and have looked disinterested in a handful of games. Tonight reminded me of the old 90-91 Whalers teams that would lose a few games a year against 6-win Quebec.

Reaction Score
One of the most lackadaisical efforts I've seen from any team any level. Really seems these boys only get up for big games.

Reaction Score
Should be interesting to see what type of spin the Wizard of Oz puts on the game during his post game interview tonight. Do you think Mr. Warde Manuel might be scratching his head right now?
You fall into one of these 3 categories:

a) Troll

b) Cavanaugh did something to you or someone you know and you're butt hurt

c) You are well-intentioned but not someone who is mentally capable of going through the ups and downs of a start-up hockey program in the toughest conference in the country.

Maybe you should just go to wolfpack games and chill.

Reaction Score
There was no fire out there. Maybe this is part of having a very young team. They always seemed a half second too late, Army outworked them in the trenches.
There were very few decent chances at all offensively. Hell if they had 22 shots on goal they had 22 shots that were wide of the net.

This is all setting up for a win against Quinnipiac just because.

Reaction Score
We were actually ahead on shots on goal for most of the game. I don't think that we took a shot in the 3rd. As a matter of fact I don't remember getting out out of our own zone.

If this is it, it's going to be a long season. Army had not won a game losing 5 and tied 2 before this.

Reaction Score
There was no fire out there. Maybe this is part of having a very young team. They always seemed a half second too late, Army outworked them in the trenches.
There were very few decent chances at all offensively. Hell if they had 22 shots on goal they had 22 shots that were wide of the net.

This is all setting up for a win against Quinnipiac just because.
I wouldnt blame the poor effort on a young team have you seen the ages of some of these players? Kirtland 25 Years Old, Huson and Pauly 24 Years Old, Nichols 23 Year Old Junior etc... it looks to me as somone posted earlier this team is lost, soft and going through the motions which is not a good sign especially with alot of games left to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom