Army took Temple apart on Thursday night. | The Boneyard

Army took Temple apart on Thursday night.

Reaction Score
The Black Knights rushed for 417 yards. Temple rushed for -5. That is not a typo, -5 yards rushing for the game. Temple did pass for 224 yards with 9 different receivers catching passes.

After our huge wins, this is no time to be complacent. WTF loses are quite common in college football. If nothing else, we should be favored in a winnable game. Box score of Temple/Army below.

Army/Temple box Army 42-14 Temple (Sep 26, 2024) Box Score - ESPN

Reaction Score
That's the interesting thing to me.... how does Temple match up with a more conventional offense, rather than a run offense where there are multiple threats in the backfield? Both Army & Navy drubbed them on the ground, while their one win came against a pass heavy Utah State team. Assuming Evers is out you've got to figure they try to stack the box while doubling Bell and force Fagnano to beat them with any of the other receivers.

Reaction Score
That's the interesting thing to me.... how does Temple match up with a more conventional offense, rather than a run offense where there are multiple threats in the backfield? Both Army & Navy drubbed them on the ground, while their one win came against a pass heavy Utah State team. Assuming Evers is out you've got to figure they try to stack the box while doubling Bell and force Fagnano to beat them with any of the other receivers.
You can’t stack the box and double team a receiver. Unless you’re either playing with 13 or literally not covering all the other receivers.

I don’t think Temple is as good (said more accurately, I think Temple is worse) as FAU or Buffalo. As long as we play even a C game next week, I can’t see us losing.

Reaction Score
Ultimately yes, I'm thinking there will be open receivers, and it'll be on Fagnano to hit them.

Reaction Score
Getting Rosa back for next week will give an opportunity to use him in whatever role Sammis envisions as we continue to develop our offense

Reaction Score
The Black Knights rushed for 417 yards. Temple rushed for -5. That is not a typo, -5 yards rushing for the game. Temple did pass for 224 yards with 9 different receivers catching passes.

After our huge wins, this is no time to be complacent. WTF loses are quite common in college football. If nothing else, we should be favored in a winnable game. Box score of Temple/Army below.

Army/Temple box Army 42-14 Temple (Sep 26, 2024) Box Score - ESPN
This will be important for the UConn coaches because in addition to coaching the Xs and Os and schemes and the on field fundamentals, they will have to ensure the players don't get too full of themselves. Confidence is great, overconfidence can make a team regress badly. Similarly, after the blowout loss to Maryland, the coaches had to rebuild the players headspace and confidence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom