Army takes Temple | The Boneyard

Army takes Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great win by Army with an exceptional ground game. Army fullback was fantastic.

Coach D, you might want to take a look at what real ground and pound football looks like. It involves making holes, attacking them and grinding for yards after contact. Olines are about attitude.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Coach D, you might want to take a look at what real ground and pound football looks like. It involves making holes, attacking them and grinding for yards after contact. Olines are about attitude.

IT'S...BEEN...ONE...FREAKIN'...GAME!!!

Reaction Score

No he's right. We should switch to the triple option just in time for Navy. Then we'll be ready to run wild the rest of the year. Head bang

Reaction Score
I love option football, to me, Nebraska was a thing of beauty in the 90's. Wish they never went away from it.

Reaction Score

Yeah, you're right. Coach Diaco didn't run the ball well. His blocking was horrific. And his game attitude stunk. He needs to be coached better.

Reaction Score
Yeah, you're right. Coach Diaco didn't run the ball well. His blocking was horrific. And his game attitude stunk. He needs to be coached better.
His offensive scheme wasn't very good either.

Reaction Score

Smaller, quicker lineman. We have brontosauruses. I think we lack overall team speed and quickness. Our OL is not a quick as Edsall's

Reaction Score
Dy
Smaller, quicker lineman. We have brontosauruses. I think we lack overall team speed and quickness. Our OL is not a quick as Edsall's

You think?

Plodding. It is what it is. It's occurred to me that everything in slow motion is because it has to be. The entire game was in slow motion . I was literally yawning during the game.

But Duncan that Thursday game was awful. He's got to stop pissing on the remaining people really watching and saying it's raining.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's been just one game since 2010. Here we go again. The point is Diaco is committed to smash mouth run football. That's fine. Then play smash mouth run football. Army beat up on a superior team with execution and intensity. If you saw that at the Maine game, I must have missed it. Sorry, I got off the Diaco train Thursday night. No more excuses.

Reaction Score
No he's right. We should switch to the triple option just in time for Navy. Then we'll be ready to run wild the rest of the year. Head bang
Umm, if you watched the game, you would have seen they ran out of other sets too and basically lived off the FB dive. You might want to spend some time observing instead of looking to be a wise-guy.

Reaction Score
Umm, if you watched the game, you would have seen they ran out of other sets too and basically lived off the FB dive. You might want to spend some time observing instead of looking to be a wise-guy.

The triple option is useless without the FB dive. Don't try to pin your lack of FB knowledge on me.

Reaction Score
The triple option is useless without the FB dive. Don't try to pin your lack of FB knowledge on me.
I wonder if it's worth responding. I know it's very confusing for you. The point is it's a run offense, and Army's frontline dominated a bigger Temple and did so up the gut all day long. If your happy with our offensive prowess against a 3-8 FCS opponent who was physically outmanned after year 6 in the desert then please take another toke on the BD fun bus.

Reaction Score
I wonder if it's worth responding. I know it's very confusing for you. The point is it's a run offense, and Army's frontline dominated a bigger Temple and did so up the gut all day long. If your happy with our offensive prowess against a 3-8 FCS opponent who was physically outmanned after year 6 in the desert then please take another toke on the BD fun bus.

Please continue. A run offense and a triple option offense are 2 different things. Again, please continue. You remind me of hockey fans who can never admit they were wrong and continue to blather on and on.

Reaction Score
Please continue. A run offense and a triple option offense are 2 different things. Again, please continue. You remind me of hockey fans who can never admit they were wrong and continue to blather on and on.
Maybe it's me but I got what he meant by "if you are a run team" you do x, y and z "just like Army". Not that you necessarily run the option but you do make the opponent defend the entire width of field (even if not depth), hit holes quick rather than running backs 7 yards back reading blocks and allowing 2nd level of defense to close holes, more than one potential runner ( either designed QB option, FB, WR reverse, quick WR screens, 2 RB's), pitch out sweeps.
If you have a tight formation with 2 tight ends you should expect 8 in the box and have a blocking and deception plan to get it done, if you spread the offense with 4 wide receivers and have an Arkeel type runner who is good in space you can do an Oregon type run offense; even the old WVU with Slaton used space so light offensive linemen who could move were what you wanted. So lot of ways to make run 1st work, HCBD has picked 2 tight end smash mouth plan - so execute it.

Reaction Score
Dy

You think?

Plodding. It is what it is. It's occurred to me that everything in slow motion is because it has to be. The entire game was in slow motion . I was literally yawning during the game.

But Duncan that Thursday game was awful. He's got to stop pissing on the remaining people really watching and saying it's raining.
Plodding is a good word. Your right, everything was slow. No service academy pace or Boise State or...I have to look at the replay but they are facing 8-9? fronts on first down because they know we will run it. I'll check on first down yds.

Reaction Score
Plodding is a good word. Your right, everything was slow. No service academy pace or Boise State or...I have to look at the replay but they are facing 8-9? fronts on first down because they know we will run it. I'll check on first down yds.

DI, It was Maine. Its not 1989. It's now year 3 with 2 full seasons of essentially the same staff and mostly his recruits. Don't over think this one. It was a clusterf--ck of a game, and a bad sign. I hope it was an aberration, but I got a bad feeling.

He's not impressing anybody with his fish cake and batman stories anymore, and certainly not by calling that an exciting game. ---king 75 Maine fans in the stadium were louder than anybody for awhile in the 2nd half. The guy is coming across as delusional.

Its only one game, but I know no one that saw this game and recognized progress.

Reaction Score
8 or 9? There were many plays where the entire Maine defense lined up within 10 yards of the lone of scrimmage.

Reaction Score
I told people last year, Monken will get them competitive. I think they end Navy's streak this year.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
As bad as the game looked at times the stats tell a different story. We ran 73 plays to their 52. We had 23 first downs to their 16 and held the ball for over 36 minutes. And hey, we did win.

Reaction Score
As bad as the game looked at times the stats tell a different story. We ran 73 plays to their 52. We had 23 first downs to their 16 and held the ball for over 36 minutes. And hey, we did win.

Plodding.

If slowing down the game and grinding down the clock is by design, and I'm pretty sure it is, it will keep us competitive against anybody as long as the defense and special teams are solid.

Our defense was not solid and our best offense was broken plays out of the QB position.

The game was ugly. Relying on defense to win games in the 4th will fail more than its successful. Offense needs to score points.

I'm disappointed to see so little progress on the field, but it is only game 1. Nothing there isn't fixable. We either have a major recruiting problem or something with coaching or both though and it was frustrating to watch what happened. Too much like Towson State in 2013. Coming off a positive end to 2012.

It would be more palatable if the head coach were to speak plainly once in a while to show that he's in touch with reality.

I hope it's all an aberration and next week we roll, and continue to get rolling.

Reaction Score
Plodding.

If slowing down the game and grinding down the clock is by design, and I'm pretty sure it is, it will keep us competitive against anybody as long as the defense and special teams are solid.

Our defense was not solid and our best offense was broken plays out of the QB position.

The game was ugly. Relying on defense to win games in the 4th will fail more than its successful. Offense needs to score points.

I'm disappointed to see so little progress on the field, but it is only game 1. Nothing there isn't fixable. We either have a major recruiting problem or something with coaching or both though and it was frustrating to watch what happened. Too much like Towson State in 2013. Coming off a positive end to 2012.

It would be more palatable if the head coach were to speak plainly once in a while to show that he's in touch with reality.

I hope it's all an aberration and next week we roll, and continue to get rolling.

Again, were we watching the same game? Our offense clearly stunk for the first two thirds of the game, and then could not be stopped the last third. I am not trying to sugarcoat how bad we were for the first 40 minutes, but to say we were trying to win the game on D coming down the stretch is just not true.

Will try very hard to get my thoughts posted tonight. Unfortunately, golf and work are both intervening.

Reaction Score
Plodding.

You say "Nothing there isn't fixable." However, if the underlying problem with the offense is that the linemen are too slow (and I agree that seems to be the case) how do we fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom