Army post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Army post Game Thread

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Dislike Do Not Want GIF

Reaction Score
it did not surprise me uconn lost but the score was too lopsided. army players are tough

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Moment was too big for Charlton today.

Offense was flat, paly calling in red zone was absurd and he never adjusted to Army changing the LB stunts in second half.

Add in all the false starts, having a line who couldn't pass block a three man rush, ignoring Rosa in the second half.........

Horrible game all around.

Reaction Score
At some point the QB has to take some responsibility for false starts. He has to command the huddle and LOS. His cadence has to define when the ball is snapped and the line moves. The loss of focus, reaction to movement and just plain jitters must all be secondary to a strong presence for the QB. He has to lead the offense.

Reaction Score

Offense was flat, paly calling in red zone was absurd and he never adjusted to Army changing the LB stunts in second half.

Add in all the false starts, having a line who couldn't pass block a three man rush, ignoring Rosa in the second half.........

He needs to get better at managing the game. Absolutely essential with true freshmen all over the field.

Reaction Score

Yup, but some don’t want to hear that. Why the goal one calls at the 1? Why go away from the run game in the second half?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Army is to UConn football

Offense was flat, play calling in red zone was absurd and he never adjusted to Army changing the LB stunts in second half.

...and top that off with two interceptions. All kinds of ugly today.

Reaction Score
Blocked punt and PI that let Army keep the ball and score at the end of the 1st half we’re just too big to overcome. Can’t give away points in these games

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear special teams have been a liability most of the year.... a lot of it seems to be coaching. Hopefully, Sherear learns from this year.

Reaction Score
Self inflicted wounds...blocked punt, points left off the board, red zone referee reviews that left me scratching my head on both sides, penalties and a flat flat second half offense. 10 yds average per play and lose by that margin-its been a crazy season

Reaction Score
I rewound and watched several of the false starts in slow motion and swear there were false start calls where I didn’t see anyone move or even flinch. I think they were calling false starts when one of our lineman was breathing heavy.

eta - most of the false starts, we clearly did move. But a few were head scratchers for me.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m honestly done playing the military academies. Refs are afraid to throw a flag on them. We killed ourselves with penalties and 3 points on 4 drives inside the 5 but these games suck. We still should have scored but the spots on the Rosa and Burns overturned TDs were awful and the one where their QB was stuffed at the line was definitely short.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Worst loss of the year. Team didn't show the effort required when needed. They were not locked in today.
Eh. They seemed locked in most of the first half. They certainly weren't flat. Just bad calls/luck close to goal line. I don't know if we've not converted a QB sneak between ZT and Millen but it feels that way. If UConn has 21 at the half, the 2nd half is a whole different ballgame. UConn played desperate most of the 4th Q knowing they had to gamble on both O and D.

I think Ball St was a worse loss. UConn had that game in their pocket late. This wasn't that.

Reaction Score
I’m honestly done playing the military academies. Refs are afraid to throw a flag on them. We killed ourselves with penalties and 3 points on 4 drives inside the 5 but these games suck. We still should have scored but the spots on the Rosa and Burns overturned TDs were awful and the one where their QB was stuffed at the line was definitely short.
I couldn’t agree with more.

Reaction Score
I rewound and watched several of the false starts in slow motion and swear there were false start calls where I didn’t see anyone move or even flinch. I think they were calling false starts when one of our lineman was breathing heavy.

eta - most of the false starts, we clearly did move. But a few were head scratchers for me.
There were two that were snap infractions on the center. I wonder if any of it might that Guidone is still in his first season as a center. To have so many false start issues with so many different opponents isn't just the opponent simulating the snap count every week or an undisciplined line. It's something systemic going on between the center and QB, whether it's the cadence having a different beat on different counts or the center being a hair slow on the snap, or fidgeting the ball or something...

Reaction Score

Hate to break it to you but we have Army scheduled six more times for the next decade. As long as we're both indies they're an ideal fit for scheduling, so we better figure out how to beat them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Eh. They seemed locked in most of the first half. They certainly weren't flat. Just bad calls/luck close to goal line. I don't know if we've not converted a QB sneak between ZT and Millen but it feels that way. If UConn has 21 at the half, the 2nd half is a whole different ballgame. UConn played desperate most of the 4th Q knowing they had to gamble on both O and D.

I think Ball St was a worse loss. UConn had that game in their pocket late. This wasn't that.

Bad luck close to the goal line???

Those were all self-induced including the play calling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom