Via Des

Reaction Score
UConnFootball9:09am via Twitter Web Client
UConn Football Notes vs. Army, Sept. 12, 2015
http://issuu.com/uconnhuskies/docs/armynotes091215

EdDaigneault11:14am via TweetDeck
Army coach Jeff Monken on UConn TE Tommy Myers: "Holy mackerel, he's a load."

NHRJimFuller 11:16am via TweetDeck
Army coach Jeff Monken said that 43 of 72 players who dressed in Fordham game were freshmen

NHRJimFuller 11:18am via TweetDeck
Army coach Jeff Monken said starting OT Drew Hennessy and starting CB Josh Jenkins won't play against #UConn

UConnFootball 11:17am via TweetDeck
We will have the opening comments of Coach Diaco's weekly press conference today at noon on @periscopeco#work2win

NeillOstrout 11:21am via Twitter Web Client
Army coach Jeff Monken on UConn: “They are an improved team. They are a much better football team. And that’s to be expected."

Reaction Score
I believe Fatukasi has to sit a minimum of the first half for being ejected, interesting to see what HCBD does with him; minimum or whole game?

Reaction Score
peatonrobb 12:02pm via TweetDeck
Bob Diaco say team has no health issues post game 1. #UConn.

dcsportsdept 12:03pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "[I'm] pleased with Bryant at QB, with him making some good reads and for the most part not putting the ball in jeopardy," #UConn

UConnFootball 12:05pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: Stewart, Carrezola, Adeyemi and Adams all played very well on defense.

desmondconner 12:06pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: the losses of self control jaw-jacking, won't be tolerated

peatonrobb 12:06pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says team needs to improve it's self-control...taunting, fighting will not be tolorated. #UConn.

NHRJimFuller 12:06pm via TweetDeck
Dead ball penalties for taunting and fighting "not acceptable in any way" according to #UConn coach Bob Diaco

UConnFootball 12:06pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: "The team needs to play with the culture of UConn football -- which is tough gentlemen."

desmondconner 12:07pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: the kickoff cover team "need a better performance there"

Periscope feed SUCKS!!!

Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:08pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: added he thought P Justin Wain did a nice job Thursday

UConnFootball 12:08pm via TweetDeck
Coach DIaco: "Anytime you can start fast, in this game, gives you an advantage...it can create other opportunities in other areas."

desmondconner 12:11pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: the academies are excellent at running option no way to simulate it,

EdDaigneault 12:12pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says UConn will miss Fatukaski in the first half Saturday but "next man up."

Tim_Fontenault 12:13pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Foley Fatukasi being out for the first half Saturday: “Next man up.” Will be Sean Marinan, based on the two-deep.

Reaction Score
Watched USF's periscope feed....was perfect! They must have DSL? It's down now....SMH

Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:14pm via TweetDeck
Diaco DL has to play with pads low and hands below knees have to protect knees, ankles, feet, after that a flat out scramble and stay square

desmondconner 12:16pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: cannot let the fullback run big in the option, if so "you're going to lose"

dcsportsdept 12:16pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said @UConnFootball can't allow Army to run with the fullback or have them throw it down field. #UConn

desmondconner 12:17pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said the staff feels Army QB Bradshaw more athletic than last year's QB, Santiago, could be a spread QB on most teams in country

Tim_Fontenault 12:17pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Army QB Bradshaw: “He’s a talented player, big and fast, athletic. So he’s a real weapon with the ball."

NHRJimFuller 12:19pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said if cornerbacks are beign asked to make tackles against Army's triple-option offense, it is a major problem

UConnFootball 12:18pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: "Bryant leads by example. The guys respect him, they respect his football IQ, and they respect his physical efforts."

Reaction Score
Tim_Fontenault 12:25pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says opening the season against dual-threat QB John Robertson helped prepare for Army’s offense in some ways.

desmondconner 12:25pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Lot of elements of triple option were in #Villanova offense

dcsportsdept 12:28pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Army's defense: "Sound, tough guys up front. They have a couple of inside linebackers that are really strong players. #UConn

UConnFootball 12:29pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: On Army's defense - "They play with sound structure, they know what they are doing and they cause some problems."

peatonrobb 12:28pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says he's trying to teach team how to be "tough gentlemen," says it's hard to be a young man these days.#UConn.

Tim_Fontenault 12:29pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said the running backs know there are multiple jobs to be done on each play and they don’t care who within the group does them.

NHRJimFuller 12:31pm via TweetDeck
RB Max DeLorenzo draws rave reviews from #UConn coach Bob Diaco on his leadership and willing to accept any role as a senior

Reaction Score
He had no choice. NCAA rules for thrown punch.
Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if it's a suspension for the first half of the next game no matter when a punch is thrown, or is that only because it happened in the 4th quarter?

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if it's a suspension for the first half of the next game no matter when a punch is thrown, or is that only because it happened in the 4th quarter?

1st half of next game. No matter when he is ejected in the game the punch was thrown....at least I think that's the case. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If he had thrown it in the first half, he would have been ejected for rest of game and allowed to play this week.

I, for one, expect to see Adeyemi sliding down and Ormsby playing more during first half

Reaction Score
If he had thrown it in the first half, he would have been ejected for rest of game and allowed to play this week.

I, for one, expect to see Adeyemi sliding down and Ormsby playing more during first half

After further review, you appear to be correct.

Reaction Score

That, or Myers starting alongside Campenni inside? The back-up to Fatukasi is Sean Marinan, the son of the Xavier coach and walk-on. It will be interesting to see how the snaps are divided in the first half.

Reaction Score
That, or Myers starting alongside Campenni inside? The back-up to Fatukasi is Sean Marinan, the son of the Xavier coach and walk-on. It will be interesting to see how the snaps are divided in the first half.

I was thinking Myers as well. He gets a lot of snaps behind the other 2.

Either way, i hope the drop off inst too severe

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller11:35am via TweetDeck
By my math, just 11 players who saw the field for #UConn vs. Army are back while Army lost more than 30 players
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/09/uconn-hoping-last-years-army-game-will.html

>>There are plenty of numbers to be crunched from last year's game but the ones that stand out to me are 25/58 and 46/57. That is a breakdown of the Army players who were listed on the participation chart in a season-opening loss to Fordham compared to how many played against UConn last season and then the same ratio for UConn. Yes, by my math only more than twice as many Army players are gone from the group that beat UConn from a season ago between graduation and injury.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom