Armed Forces Classic Tickets | The Boneyard

Armed Forces Classic Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just received mine. On the Army side of town, Dudes are literally fighting for them over here. At first everyone was miffed that they had to go in uniform, but now they seem so scarce that nobody cares. Definitely a pretty big buzz.

So if there are empty seats then you can blame the Air Force for hoarding the tickets:)

There were two sets of tickets going around, one for Sportcenter which is in Hangar 3 and one for the game in Hangar 5. Some people haven't figured out that they are not the same thing.

Reaction Score
i emailed the athletics office a few months ago for tickets and they said they didnt know anything about the tickets. A month ago my friend emailed them and they said they will put him on the waiting list. I also sent an email once i found out there was a waiting list but i have yet to hear anything. Seeing the men and women in uniform are having a tough time getting them i don't mind not getting them or not. It is for you all anyways! Thanks and have a great time! Any count on if there are more UConn fans or Michigan State fans?

Reaction Score
I just received mine. On the Army side of town, Dudes are literally fighting for them over here. At first everyone was miffed that they had to go in uniform, but now they seem so scarce that nobody cares. Definitely a pretty big buzz.

So if there are empty seats then you can blame the Air Force for hoarding the tickets:)

There were two sets of tickets going around, one for Sportcenter which is in Hangar 3 and one for the game in Hangar 5. Some people haven't figured out that they are not the same thing.
how many people will they fit into hangar 5 for the game?

Reaction Score
how many people will they fit into hangar 5 for the game?

Not sure. I have tickets 675 and 676. The hangar is big enough to contain a C-17 or two so it should hold a few thousand at the very least.

Reaction Score
Not sure. I have tickets 675 and 676. The hangar is big enough to contain a C-17 or two so it should hold a few thousand at the very least.
Wow-very intimate settting-who's there from ESPN?

Reaction Score
Wow-very intimate settting-who's there from ESPN?

Not sure yet on the ESPN personalities. The UConn Blog had a picture of the hangar and you can kind of gauge it for yourself.

Reaction Score
Hey ZooCougar,

Not sure if you would know anyplace or not but do you have any good ideas for a good place to watch the game apart from a bar here in Heidelberg where I am?! (Apart from the Hangar itself). College BBall in Germany is a hard find but just thought i would throw the question out there. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Hey ZooCougar,

Not sure if you would know anyplace or not but do you have any good ideas for a good place to watch the game apart from a bar here in Heidelberg where I am?! (Apart from the Hangar itself). College BBall in Germany is a hard find but just thought i would throw the question out there. Thanks.

If you know anyone who works on the base in Heidelberg then there is a sports bar with ESPN. Otherwise you could drive to Wiesbaden which is about an hour or so from you, and I know a sports bar in the city that just shows American channels. The bar is called "Yours".

"Yours" is a chain of sorts, so you could check and see if there is one in Heidelberg.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
ZooCougar- please post a few cool pics to give us a feel for the game/country!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Many of us already know what it's like to watch games in a hanger. We had tickets to the Field House.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom