Armageddon week in the world of CR... | The Boneyard

Armageddon week in the world of CR...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
most likely, it'll be the mayan calendar part deux... Lots of chatter with nohing really worth writing about.

for those keeping up:
- big 12 meeting with expansion on the list of topics
- big 10 has already offered unc, uva, gt, and a mystery school. will go public at some point in Jan.
- SEC chasing VA and NC schools
- big east nearing tv deal

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The last one is the only thing that will actually have an outcome that affects anyone.

Reaction Score
- big 10 has already offered unc, uva, gt, and a mystery school. will go public at some point in Jan.
I know the B1G is interested in those schools, but where do you get they've been offered?

Reaction Score
Ohio st board seems to think the uva is a done deal. As a point of comparison they have had a much better track record than the wv board but obviously not 100% a certainty because they are reporting it though.

They have a pretty great expansion conversation over there even HFD posts on occassion for those that miss him.

Reaction Score
I know the B1G is interested in those schools, but where do you get they've been offered?
common knowledge on any blog, twit, or otherwise..... Just a 'matter of time' based on those in the know.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for it. The more movement the better.
I am in the camp of just a little movement... One school from the ACC (two if Cincy is ahead of us)... I can live in the ACC without any one or two schools.

A huge movement as expected leaves Uconn in a depleted ACC with WF, BC, Syr, Pitt, and whoever is among the walking dead. Better than where we are, but at least now we have the belief that this is short-term reality. a depleted ACC scenario means we are stuck as a 2nd class athletic dept for the long term.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You are, of course, right... But like you said I'd take a depleted ACC over our current situation in a heartbeat. Their lifeboat is only about to get torpedoed... We are flailing amongst the splinters of ours. Curious how this week will develop.

Reaction Score
I am in the camp of just a little movement... One school from the ACC (two if Cincy is ahead of us)... I can live in the ACC without any one or two schools.

A huge movement as expected leaves Uconn in a depleted ACC with WF, BC, Syr, Pitt, and whoever is among the walking dead. Better than where we are, but at least now we have the belief that this is short-term reality. a depleted ACC scenario means we are stuck as a 2nd class athletic dept for the long term.

2nd class >>>>>>>>>>> 3rd class. The second class will at least include some life-long have's to stick up for the conference, including Syracuse which makes up what seems like 70% of the media.

The Current Big East is just a cold, dark abyss.

GIVE ME SOME MOVEMENT I SAY! LORD-A-MERCY!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
GT and UNC moving are bad for us. Would mean at least 6 teams leaving the ACC and all would except maybe BC would be ahead of us.

The leftover ACC is still better than our current situation. We now need a stable.BB league to play in.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
GT and UNC moving are bad for us. Would mean at least 6 teams leaving the ACC and all would except maybe BC would be ahead of us.

The leftover ACC is still better than our current situation. We now need a stable.BB league to play in.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

The leftover ACC is essentially the old Big East, merged with a handful of ACC schools. Which should be fine.

I'm still not convinced that the ACC will be torpedoed that severely. I think UNC would prefer the SEC to the B1G. I think Duke would prefer the B1G (student base is northern). NC State is a better fit for the SEC in some ways. I think the B1G will stick to its geographic rules, and require contiguous states. That means that UVA is their #1 target. But I don't think UVA would accept, unless they think UNC and others are bailing on the ACC.

The Big 12 needs schools, but probably doesn't really want two fronts on either side of the SEC, with the B1G to the north. Long term, I think the ACC schools, including FSU, are better off if none of them leave. They could ensure that it's the B12 that gets cannibalized.

Reaction Score
2nd class >>>>>>>>>>> 3rd class. The second class will at least include some life-long have's to stick up for the conference, including Syracuse which makes up what seems like 70% of the media.

If it's UConn to the ACC, it doesn't matter whether it's 2nd or 3rd class, It's still the equivalent of the Titanic hitting the iceberg MidAtlantic. Only an invite to the B1G will be the financial equivalent of reaching dry land.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The more movements the better, too!
Spoken like a senior.

In any event some "dude" is posting this:
    1. astakaderasJanuary 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM
      Interesting but you forgot UConn. They are having discussions with several conferences. UConn is about to go AAU (BC isn't close) and considering they had the most Senior Bowl invites of any school not named Alabama or Georgia you need to rethink your scenarios. The Northeast is great eyeball fodder for several conference networks. UConn has many more viewers and much higher ratings for all of its major sports, including football, than BC or Rutgers. New England is there for the taking and UConn, despite being passed over before, is getting a lot more attention. Just sayin.
      ReplyDelete

1. b36-rounded.png

The Dude of WVJanuary 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    Didn't leave UCONN out. I just don't hear them mentioned much. BC's appeal to the B1G has everything to do with ND.

See this link for more detailed discussion of CR generally/

Reaction Score
that's good... MD wasn't mentioned at all in the CR blogosphere. And while rutgers was mentioned, it was mostly by rutgers fans suggesting they would be a target for the Big... Nobody really had MD or Rutgers on their radar.

And regardless of what people predict, nothing has happened where the general consensus was that it would happen. Except of course if it involved Uconn in a negative way, in which case it usually did happen with a little extra twist make the impact that much worse.

Moral of the story: Silence is golden.

Reaction Score

Try some Ex-Lax.

Reaction Score
most likely, it'll be the mayan calendar part deux... Lots of chatter with nohing really worth writing about.

for those keeping up:
- big 12 meeting with expansion on the list of topics
- SEC chasing VA and NC schools
- big east nearing tv deal

If they make any decisions this week, you have to give the lawyers a few weeks to line everything up.

If all of this movement really does happen. We'll just end up right back where we started, sans Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Ohio st board seems to think the uva is a done deal. As a point of comparison they have had a much better track record than the wv board but obviously not 100% a certainty because they are reporting it though.

They have a pretty great expansion conversation over there even HFD posts on occassion for those that miss him.

If it's really this much of a "done deal", someone with credibility would pick up on it. Still waiting on that FSU to the Big 12 "done deal" form last year.

Reaction Score
If it's really this much of a "done deal", someone with credibility would pick up on it. Still waiting on that FSU to the Big 12 "done deal" form last year.
Yea, hence the whole not 100% a certainty line! Just bringing over what I saw for discussion purposes. I'd personally like them to leave the acc though...and that is with 100% certainty!

Reaction Score
Rittenberg/Bennett@ESPN_BigTen
Virginia, by the way, is playing Oregon on Sept. 14. Penn State might as well wait for Virginia to join the Big Ten. Will play all the time

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If the ACC is an iceberg, the Big East is Bruce Willis detonating a nuclear warhead at Rentschler while Aerosmith plays at Bushnell Park.

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton (@ChuckCarltonDMN)
1/28/13, 7:26 PM
Bowlsby said any additional members would have to bring the same amount as the average for current members, $26.2M.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
WVU signed a $9 mil a year IMG contract for tier 3 this week
Its the usual one FB game, unwanted basketball. games, non-revenue sports, all radio and coaches shows, stadium promo deals.

Swofford is pitching a deal to Bowlsby to get FSU marquee matchups and enough bonus money to stay in the ACC and avoid a $50 mil exit fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom