Arkansas? | The Boneyard

Arkansas?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I know there are plenty of fans of SEC schools active on this board. Anyone have a feel for Arkansas? They are 8-3, leading Nebraska in the 4th quarter tonight. I looked at their schedule, not particularly difficult. Although they did play Arizona St. to within 3 and ASU has given Baylor and Louisville all they could handle. I'm marginally interested in Arkansas since they are coached by former UW Coach Neighbors.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Neigbors. Vic knows him well and has been very complimentary. I expect he will turn Arky around.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I saw part of their game with Arizona State, and they definitely looked improved over last year. But they also have a loss to Pittsburgh and they barely beat Wisconsin by a point.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
They have work to do. But if the credit for Washington goes to Neighbors, then, I suspect they are on an improvement track. Not, however, this year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I saw part of their game with Arizona State, and they definitely looked improved over last year. But they also have a loss to Pittsburgh and they barely beat Wisconsin by a point.
Who is the new coach at Pitt as they have been significantly better than under the last coach.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
They have work to do. But if the credit for Washington goes to Neighbors, then, I suspect they are on an improvement track. Not, however, this year.

Arky definitely appears improved this year. Just not good yet.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
But if the credit for Washington goes to Neighbors, then, I suspect they are on an improvement track.

I'm not sure how much credit goes to Neighbors and how much goes to Plum. That's part of why I'm curious to see what he does without Plum. I think he ran a good system for the personnel he had. McGuff improved the talent level quickly before he left, Neighbors did not do a good job of recruiting while he was in Seattle. UW would've been bad last year regardless of who was coaching, Neighbors got out of town before his lack of recruiting caught up with him.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Who is the new coach at Pitt as they have been significantly better than under the last coach.
Lance White, former assistant at Florida State. But I don't see them as better than last year. Yes, they've beaten Arkansas and Northwestern, but they've also lost to Youngstown State, Wisconsin and Georgetown.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well in the last 3 years they posted 13, 13 and 10 wins. This year they 7 already with 5 more winnable games left so...:rolleyes: Glass is half full to me!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well in the last 3 years they posted 13, 13 and 10 wins. This year they 7 already with 5 more winnable games left so...:rolleyes: Glass is half full to me!
Well, at this time last year they already had 6 wins.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, at this time last year they already had 6 wins.

I just looked at that last night. Only went 3-13 in SEC. Kind of like UW, already matched last year's win total, but not likely to win many more games when conference play starts.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I just looked at that last night. Only went 3-13 in SEC. Kind of like UW, already matched last year's win total, but not likely to win many more games when conference play starts.
I think we were talking about Pitt at that point. Also went 3-13, but in the ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom