Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Time for Dan Guest!

20141229175138%21Be_Our_Guest.png

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Weird, I keep reading posts that the season is over.

Reaction Score
Neill Ostrout ‏@NeillOstrout 1m1 minute ago
Rodney Purvis expects teammate Terrence Samuel to step up if Boatright can't play, or even if he can.

Purvis: “It’s a lot on him (Samuel). His number hasn’t really been called as much this season because of the greatness of Boatright.”

Gavin Keefe ‏@GavinKeefe 2m2 minutes ago Storrs, CT
Sophomore Rodney Purvis on playing in the NIT: "I feel like next year is starting now, not only for me but the entire team."

Reaction Score
My guess, just from reading body language on Sunday, is that he separated his shoulder, had no business coming back on the court and won't play on Wednesday.

That having been said, the best thing that could happen for next season is that they win even one game against a decent team (which ASU is) without him. Here's hoping TSam steps up, and here is hoping Hamilton is young enough to sleep on a red eye.

FWIW, Dan Guess played the 1 at GW. I know he tried to do way too much on senior day, but he is capable of running the point and getting the team in its offense at a T Sam level. Actually, while T Sam is stronger, a little quicker and a better foul shooter, they are not dissimilar players.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Sophomore Rodney Purvis on playing in the NIT: "I feel like next year is starting now, not only for me but the entire team."
This is how I look at the NIT as well. Building towards next year. I think that's the way to keep the team's energy level up (except for Boatright who, if he plays, can help his NBA stock).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
FWIW, Dan Guess played the 1 at GW. I know he tried to do way too much on senior day, but he is capable of running the point and getting the team in its offense at a T Sam level. Actually, while T Sam is stronger, a little quicker and a better foul shooter, they are not dissimilar players.
Do I recall correctly that you were the one who posted about him at the beginning of this season after noting his name among the Husky Run participants (to which Fishy promptly replied, equating him to cannon fodder or something of the sort)?

Reaction Score
Rodney Purvis expects teammate Terrence Samuel to step up if Boatright can't play, or even if he can.

Purvis: “It’s a lot on him (Samuel). His number hasn’t really been called as much this season because of the greatness of Boatright.”

Seems like Purvis is using this opportunity to establish himself as the leader of this team. I may be reading too much into a twitter post, but it is good to see Purvis take on this role

Reaction Score
Do I recall correctly that you were the one who posted about him at the beginning of this season after noting his name among the Husky Run participants (to which Fishy promptly replied, equating him to cannon fodder or something of the sort)?

Yes. I made the point that on a roster with ten scholarship players, having a walk-on who had been in the (back of the) rotation at an A-Ten level was likely to be a good and useful thing. Obviously, given that we lost Jr. and Lubin for an extended period and just decided to play with 8, I was not correct.

But my point was only that he played in A Ten games, not making an impression but not looking like he clearly didn't belong, and that is a high enough level of ball that, two years older, he should be able to do the same here.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Gee, looking at this as a chance to start preparing for next year--what an outlandish notion.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hell, I've been looking at the games as a way to prepare for next year for quite some time now. That isn't to say I wasn't seeing stars from yelling too much last weekend or that I don't feel bad for Boatright, but it's been obvious for a while now that this team had a lot of limitations and wasn't going to overcome them this season. Winning the NIT would be a great accomplishment for this team and I expect Ollie to convey that message to the guys on the team. Essentially, it is a preseason tournament for 2016.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I have no idea if Purv can actually be the leader next year, but he's sure looking and sounding the part over the past 48 hours.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
My guess, just from reading body language on Sunday, is that he separated his shoulder, had no business coming back on the court and won't play on Wednesday.

That having been said, the best thing that could happen for next season is that they win even one game against a decent team (which ASU is) without him. Here's hoping TSam steps up, and here is hoping Hamilton is young enough to sleep on a red eye.

How is it that Guess played at GW and never sniffed the court until the ill-advised Senior Day appearance? You'd think he would've been a player and better than an average walk-on. Also, how is ASU in the NIT after going 17-15?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
How is it that Guess played at GW and never sniffed the court until the ill-advised Senior Day appearance? You'd think he would've been a player and better than an average walk-on. Also, how is ASU in the NIT after going 17-15?

Perhaps ASU made it into the NIT field because they beat Arizona during the regular season. Apparently, one marquee win and being .500 or better is all it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom