Arizona St (16) @ Arizona (18) - 1/24/20 | The Boneyard

Arizona St (16) @ Arizona (18) - 1/24/20

Who will win this game ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I believe this is the first time that these two teams are ranked when they play each other.

Reaction Score
I believe this is the first time that these two teams are ranked when they play each other.
It is.

Great interview with Adia Barnes which includes:

1. Her promotion of the game and hope for a sell out.

2. Update on Cate Reeses's injury.

3. Her assessment of where the pressure resides in this game.

"We go through these like five-, seven-minute patches without scoring and getting stops. We can’t do that. We know our defense is consistent...so that’s something we can control."

The December meeting was 58-53. Expect another game in that range today.

Barnes fouled out of the first game. I don't expect that to happen on the Wildcat's home court.

ASU will need Jaime Ruden to score (she was scoreless against WSU in limited minutes), will need freshman Eboni Walker to board and quality minutes from Bejedi.

If Robbi Ryan ( who exceeded her minutes count in Washington) and Ja'Tavia Tapley perform at recent levels the Devil's have a chance.

I told my wife I'd like to line up at 4:30 today. We have general admission tickets and I hope for midcourt seats.

McKale is a great place to see a game. Barnes seems optimistic for a sell out.

Go Devils!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hopefully Cate Reese is able to shoot without a wrap. I sooo rooting for the Wildcats, and would love to see 12,000+ fans in McKale. Not that I want to troll @azfan or anything...:rolleyes:

I want to root for Robbi Ryan but every time I start think, "yeah, she's gritty" something about her just irritates me to think "Really Robbi? I can't root for you"...That has happened in every game of the 5 I have seen her play this year.

Go Wildcats!!!! :)

Reaction Score
Hopefully Cate Reese is able to shoot without a wrap. I sooo rooting for the Wildcats, and would love to see 12,000+ fans in McKale. Not that I want to troll @azfan or anything...:rolleyes:

I want to root for Robbi Ryan but every time I start think, "yeah, she's gritty" something about her just irritates me to think "Really Robbi? I can't root for you"...That has happened in every game of the 5 I have seen her play this year.

Go Wildcats!!!! :)
You are not alone about Ryan. You either like her or don't, based upon some of the things she does away from the ball. She is perfect for CTT's system that holds and pushes and forces the officials to either get involved or let them play. Look for the refs to try to control the excessive contact in this rivalry game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You are not alone about Ryan. You either like her or don't, based upon some of the things she does away from the ball. She is perfect for CTT's system that holds and pushes and forces the officials to either get involved or let them play. Look for the refs to try to control the excessive contact in this rivalry game.
The Oregon State fans are still crying about the officiating? Let it rest already.

Reaction Score
The Oregon State fans are still crying about the officiating? Let it rest already.
The Pac-12 is as physical as the Big Ten. In the first game on December 29th the physical play went both ways. MacDonald fouled out to in large part to some very, very hard fouls.

Robbi Ryan our senior leader is from Wyoming a two time Gatorade player of the year in basketball, and player of the year in soccer in high school. Like the rest of the Sun Devils, MacDonald and her Wildcat team mates these players play hard-nosed, strong and within the rules.

Ryan is a gamer, very tough, a credit to the game.

It is my hope this game is officiated like the first one and they let the teams play. Both the Wildcats and Sun Devils are strong defensive squads, well-coached with players who engage with great energy and play within the rules. This is going to be a great game.

Reaction Score
30 minutes till tip. I'm surrounded by a sea of red. There may be 100 ASU fans. I'm not sure if they're going to be able to break the Pac-12 attendance record looks to me while fans are still coming in there are about 8,500 people seated. Look forward to the final attendance numbers after a great game.

Reaction Score
It is actually UofA at ASU.... Wilbur kicked Sparky butt 3 weeks ago.

I am an ASU alum as well as a 2x UConn grad, so I am looking for ASU to revenge the loss in Tempe!

GO SUN DEVILS!

Reaction Score
Oops... Women at UofA this evening and men at ASU tomorrow.... My bad... GO SUN DEVILS in both matchups!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Reese vs. Tapley, key to the game?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
No surprise at all, this is shaping up to be a low scoring slug fest.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Big collision, ref chickens out and calls a travel rather than deciding between block vs. charge.

This thing is ugly. 3-2 more than 5 minutes in.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
8-0 run ASU, leading 10-6. We might not get a media TO this quarter, barely over a minute left.

edit--never mind, first break at 1:08

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Man, for one of the most physical teams you'll find, ASU sure does like to flop. That's the absolute worst.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tied at 10 after Q1. Tapley not involved at all so far, that's surprising. She's been great the last several weeks.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not sure if that was a flagrant foul on ASU but as a rooting Wildcat fan, very happy with Q1. Great crowd too.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
8-1 ASU run to go up 18-14.

It doesn't look like CTT is subbing quite as much as usual this game. There haven't been any hockey line changes. Maybe there just haven't been enough dead balls this game.

Reaction Score
CTT wasn't happy with the call and walked away angry. She is very skilled at what to say within limits and walking away without earning a tech for her complaining.

I wish that Arizona's Sam Thomas would shoot in this game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arizona likes taking 3's, but they aren't hitting very many of them. Gonna shoot themselves out of this game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The Pac 12 is littered w/ guards who are way better rebounders than they should be for their size. McDonald at 5-6 is beasting on the boards.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UA is 5-23 from the floor, brutal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member