Arizona exhibition | The Boneyard

Arizona exhibition

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Tonight was the first Arizona exhibition against West Texas A&M.

Won 86 - 63.

Observations -

• Lauren Ware was out, with a brace on her knee. The paper suggested that she had banged knees and had swelling, but was ok for a regular game. I'll withhold judgement, but she was limping. Everyone else played at least 11 minutes
  • Jade Loville is the real deal. Big compliments in the paper, wants to be a pro and approaching it like a business. Providing leadership. Adia is enraptured. Leading scorer tonight, looked really good. Cate Reese looked particularly good as well.
  • That said - very one on one. Arizona 3 point shooting was awful and a lot of short-armed layups. That said, the opponents shooting improved every quarter, from awful to outstanding, which is what kept the score closer than expected.
  • Always amazing to see the "pencil arms" - on the freshmen and the non-D1 teams.

I expect good times ahead. The talent level and quickness was awesome.

There is another exhibition game but it conflicts with a zoom program.

Reaction Score
Tonight was the first Arizona exhibition against West Texas A&M.

Won 86 - 63.

Observations -

• Lauren Ware was out, with a brace on her knee. The paper suggested that she had banged knees and had swelling, but was ok for a regular game. I'll withhold judgement, but she was limping. Everyone else played at least 11 minutes
  • Jade Loville is the real deal. Big compliments in the paper, wants to be a pro and approaching it like a business. Providing leadership. Adia is enraptured. Leading scorer tonight, looked really good. Cate Reese looked particularly good as well.
  • That said - very one on one. Arizona 3 point shooting was awful and a lot of short-armed layups. That said, the opponents shooting improved every quarter, from awful to outstanding, which is what kept the score closer than expected.
  • Always amazing to see the "pencil arms" - on the freshmen and the non-D1 teams.
I was looking at a picture of the GamecockWBB team today and was thinking the same thing. We have an OUTSTANDING S&C coach. The difference in these girls after one complete year in a big time program is amazing.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
How did Clark, Nnaji, and especially Gilbert look to you ?
Everyone looked good, a lot of one on one as I said. Clark had the best game - most productive - of the group. But all showed good quickness and skill.

What was lacking - as is typical with new / Freshman players - was good performance of set plays. As Adia said, the first game is really tough, as players are learning bench etiquette, how to check in and all the other basics.

As is traditional, after the game the team circled the arena high-fiving us folks with floor seats. That said, I saw Adia had pointed them toward the locker room entrance, so not sure if this "tradition" is going to be continued. On the other hand, one of the new "features" is the flame shooters as the players are introduced. I'm close enough to feel the heat, and a couple of players distanced themselves I noticed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom