Ariya Crook dismissed from USC (west) | The Boneyard

Ariya Crook dismissed from USC (west)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow there aren't many major college players who have been kicked off their team on the women's side. Can anyone think of others?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Kara Braxton was kicked off of Georgia midseason. Tiffani Johnson (starting center on 1996 and 1997 Tennessee's championship teams) was kicked off the team the summer before their undefeated 1998 season.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
IMO Crook was very lucky USC is allowing her to complete the academic portion of her time at USC.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
IMO Crook was very lucky USC is allowing her to complete the academic portion of her time at USC.
True. Though I think that possibly USC is one of the schools adopting the can't -lose-it scholarship approach. Because of the unionization issue, many schools are trying to make athletes look less like employees. One way is to treat the scholly like an award instead of a stipend or wage. It's just a guess on my part.

Reaction Score
Ahh, I hadn't noticed the violation of "university policy." That narrows down what it could've been. That's more like cheating, stealing, assault, vandalism type stuff...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Actually, more than you think have been - at least temporarily - removed from teams. I can think of 2 at Rutgers, although both were primarily academics. But in one case, if not both, the player actually was kicked out of Rutgers (by the University, not the WBB program), had to attend a remedial year of junior college and re-apply for admission, which was granted. In the case I am thinking of, I believe the player was a changed person after the rather humbling experience.

Reaction Score
I saw her play last year at Cal and if I remember correctly she scored around 30 points and won the game. Too bad. USC lost a major star.

Reaction Score
I saw her play last year at Cal and if I remember correctly she scored around 30 points and won the game. Too bad. USC lost a major star.

Call me cynical but this doesn't happen if she's a he and a football player.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
University violations have been known to exile men as well as women including some men's stars. In either case it is pretty rare.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Notre Dame lost their starting quarterback, Everett Golson, last season because he cheated in Spring 2013. He was expelled from the University and had to get readmitted after missing the entire 2013 football season. He's back on the team now (starting) and playing very well.

Kayla McBride missed the last part of her freshman campaign because of academic difficulties (bad grades) and missed the run to the NC game where ND lost to Texas A&M. She sure would have come in handy, as she was a major contributor, even as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame lost their starting quarterback, Everett Golson, last season because he cheated in Spring 2013. He was expelled from the University and had to get readmitted after missing the entire 2013 football season. He's back on the team now (starting) and playing very well.

Kayla McBride missed the last part of her freshman campaign because of academic difficulties (bad grades) and missed the run to the NC game where ND lost to Texas A&M. She sure would have come in handy, as she was a major contributor, even as a freshman.

IMO those are the exceptions that confirm the rule. And we're talking Notre Dame which at least attempts to emphasize the student part of "student-athlete". Their fellow D1 competitors not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom