Aresco Washington Post Interview | The Boneyard

Aresco Washington Post Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nothing surprising.

Reaction Score
What is surprising is that the Washington Post has a section for the Hokies.

Reaction Score
I'm glad the negotiations will be amicable. We should tell the Catholics amicably that they are leaving and they get nothing. No NCAA tourney credits, no exit fees, no Big East name, and no MSG. Let them sue us for whatever tourney credits and exit fees they feel they deserve.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think in the spirit of equity, we should.follow the Post's lead and start referring to the catholics as the Gtown+6.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

Not really. There's a lot of VTech alumni in the DC area, particularly in NoVa.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
For the sake of the C7 and those left behind this process has to go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Both groups have far more pressing problems than to delay this process. I expect a give and take on the name, rights and monies and I expect that when it is completed most people observing the process with vested interest in either group will come away dissatisfied.

Reaction Score
We need to keep MSG for our BB tournament. This is imperative. Hope MSG buys into it.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
We need to keep MSG for our BB tournament. This is imperative. Hope MSG buys into it.
You and me both.

But I would expect that UConn, Cincy and USF along with Aresco decide to sell it to the C7 to gain more monies from the NCAA credits owed the BE. The NCAA will have to be part of the agreeing party to this. The C7 get the name and MSG and the football schools keep the NCAA credits after the C7 leaves. This entices some of the invitees to stick with the plan and reduces their fears of the contract being smaller than they originally thought. It's a catch 22. Without firm commitment Aresco can't get a contract and without the offer from a network teams won't commit.

The money is more critical at this point than the name or MSG. Besides, a compromise can be made with MSG and the C7, that the C7 play at MSG the week before the All Continent Conference.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's good to hear that the tv negotiations are going to start up again "meeting as early as tomorrow with the networks."

Some may not agree, but I'm happy Aresco is staying with the football schools. This guy must feel like someone being drawn-and-quartered by four horses, but he's managed to keep all his limbs to this point. I hope he can make a miracle happen as a negotiator, because we really need one...

Reaction Score
It's good to hear that the tv negotiations are going to start up again "meeting as early as tomorrow with the networks."

Some may not agree, but I'm happy Aresco is staying with the football schools. This guy must feel like someone being drawn-and-quartered by four horses, but he's managed to keep all his limbs to this point. I hope he can make a miracle happen as a negotiator, because we really need one...

Me too. Very happy with him for sticking with it. He doesn't need the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom