Aresco to do away with divisions | The Boneyard

Aresco to do away with divisions

Reaction Score
That methodology, currently, does not meet the NCAA rule on having to play a round robin (the Big 12 rule).

Reaction Score
Personally I think it is a dumb idea. Presumably you will keep the divisions for scheduling but I suppose you done need to do that. People will whine from time to time that Houston is better than Cincinatti or whatever but there really is no way of determining the 2 best. Keep the divisions and let each champ play in the title game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Why do you want to get rid of teams we have a chance to actually beat?

I thought the games would just be eliminated from our schedule. Trying to keep total losses down. :D

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
No matter how you structure the schedule, a round robin approach is always unfair because you're randomly playing teams. When a particular team gets the lucky draw of not having to face two or three of the top teams in the league, it's an obvious advantage to them. There's not much else you can do when there are too many teams in the league to play everybody each season.

They should go to more of an NFL style schedule. The top teams from the year before get the hardest schedule. The weak teams get the easiest schedule. That's better than a random spin of a wheel.

I still cannot understand how we played Tulane two years in a row on the road. That makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Divisions are the way to go and all of the conferences do it that have 12 or more teams. That way their is no subjectivity as to who the two best teams are.

Reaction Score
No matter how you structure the schedule, a round robin approach is always unfair because you're randomly playing teams. When a particular team gets the lucky draw of not having to face two or three of the top teams in the league, it's an obvious advantage to them. There's not much else you can do when there are too many teams in the league to play everybody each season.

They should go to more of an NFL style schedule. The top teams from the year before get the hardest schedule. The weak teams get the easiest schedule. That's better than a random spin of a wheel.

I still cannot understand how we played Tulane two years in a row on the road. That makes no sense.

round robin means a schedule where every team in the conference plays every other team...

Reaction Score

I see his point. We aren’t competing for the AAC championship.... it’s meaningless without having a long established history. We are competing for a spot in the playoff which I am in favor of. Until the conference champions compete in the playoff we must do whatever is necessary for the conference while increasing non-conference SOS.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Like this idea, but will make it even harder for UConn now to make the conf title game most years. We’ll see UCF/USF for awhile now.

Reaction Score
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The NFL hasn't done this for years. They simply rotate divisions. The only scheduling difference between a team that finishes in first place in a division(let's say the Pats) and one who finishes fourth (the Jets) is two games.

Future NFL Schedules | FBSchedules.com

Which is why based on last year's records the 4-12 Raiders have the hardest schedule while the Super Bowl champion Patriots are tied for the second easiest.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom