Aresco the All Talk Commish Now Going to Sell Big East Name | The Boneyard

Aresco the All Talk Commish Now Going to Sell Big East Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you really believe that when the dust settles circa 2015 we will be in this conference? If so, worry about the name. If not, move on. With little TV revenue coming in, the schools are obviously trying to figure out how to maximize revenue beyond exit fees.

Reaction Score
"From 2006 to 2011, the conference amassed $17.7 million from those units, according to the N.C.A.A., which would not say how much of that money was earned by the seven departing universities"

That's a lot less money than others have been talking about, but at least this fellow has a source. Also, it makes little sense to me that this is the extent of the money. The NCAA doles out $500 million each year in credits. How in the world did the BE only earn $3.5m a year (or less than 1%) when 12-15% of the tourney teams were BE teams and they regularly advanced?

Something is really bad with Sandomir's info. It's much more likely that $17m was one year's take.

Sorry, I don't trust that number.

Reaction Score
And another thing: they are talking St. Louis, Butler, Xavier, Creighton to join.

Sorry, when I think East, I am not thinking St. Louis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Nebraska, Cincinnati, Indiana. That's as far flung as Houston, Dallas, Memphis, New Orleans or Cincinnati. In fact, the football schools have fewer teams in non-northeastern or atlantic coast states than the basketball teams do. UCF, USF, East Carolina, Temple, Connecticut are all eastern.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Who cares? How long will the goodwill in the Big East name last when the best the Conference has to offer is Georgetown/Marquette? They can't play each other 30 times a season. And yes, I do expect UConn to be gone or have an invite in hand by 2015.

Reaction Score
The numbers from the BB credits are wy off. Just totally wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom