Aresco swinging for the fences | The Boneyard

Aresco swinging for the fences

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
???????????????????????

He's just trying to grab anything with a pulse.

Reaction Score
Or maybe there was no 4th and he's expecting to lose 1 or 3 teams....

Reaction Score
What if Aresco was now able to get a GOR. The ACC Would then be screwed with no available schools. It won't happen but it would be sweet.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Aresco signed up for the big east and will have to settle for the Sun Belt/MWC/WAC All Stars.

Reaction Score
What if Aresco was now able to get a GOR. The ACC Would then be screwed with no available schools. It won't happen but it would be sweet.

UConn would vote against a GOR, as would Louisville. There is no way they would be held to it.

Reaction Score
If this doesn't assure people we are gone I don't know what will. There is zero chance Tulane and ECU get added if we are still in the BE.

Reaction Score
With the ACC facing more defections the new contract for the NBE might be better than what the ACC would end up with with Uconn and Louisville. The ACC contracct is crap right now. Without FSU and Clemson or anyone else it will suck even more. At some point that has to be taken into consideration.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If this doesn't assure people we are gone I don't know what will. There is zero chance Tulane and ECU get added if we are still in the BE.
We are twisting in the wind. The ACC wants us to appreciate an offer.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Sweet? Sweet for who? Not UConn. We're in quicksand, in a tornado, with a river of lava closing in on us, venonous snakes everywhere and an inbound ICBM, and you want something to lock us in place just because you don't like the way the ACC took the Big East's best schools?

Reaction Score
If Aresco is swinging for the fences, he's swinging like Steve Balboni. When he connects (Boise St.), it's a tape measure job. When he fans (all the rest of this dreck) he's a windmill blowing up a huge breeze.

Reaction Score
With the ACC facing more defections the new contract for the NBE might be better than what the ACC would end up with with Uconn and Louisville. The ACC contracct is crap right now. Without FSU and Clemson or anyone else it will suck even more. At some point that has to be taken into consideration.
Other than Boise, even BC, Duke and Wake Forest are better than every school that has been added. Duke may be awful at football (but they're going to a bowl!), but they add other things besides football that offsets it.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Anybody know How/if voting by UConn went with adding Tulane/ECU. We never hear about NBE votes, but always speculate about who the ACC favors. Maybe you can join the NBE, as long as your not a high school.

Reaction Score
Welcome to Tuesday Night Football on ESPN. Tonight's titanic matchup features the Greenwave of Tulane hosting...

Reaction Score
Sweet? Sweet for who? Not UConn. We're in quicksand, in a tornado, with a river of lava closing in on us, venonous snakes everywhere and an inbound ICBM, and you want something to lock us in place just because you don't like the way the ACC took the Big East's best schools?

"Or what? You’ll release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you? Well, go ahead—do your worst!" -Homer J. Simpson

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

God I hope so. But secretly I fear that all realignment moves are designed only to punish UConn in some way.

I am waiting for our Sally Field moment...."you like me, you really like me". And yes, I expect tears.

Reaction Score
rats.jpg

UCONN, Louisville and Cincy

Reaction Score
This really makes you wonder if these conference commissioners are acting in the best interests of member institutions. It's Conference Commissioners Gone Wild! out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom