Aresco Interview | The Boneyard

Aresco Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is kind of buried in the key tweets thread, but I think it's interesting.

He was on with Brando this morning and seemingly insinuated that UConn is going to leave.

At 3:54 he's talking about rivalries and says, "We have Temple, and uh, you know at this point Connecticut". Then immediately after that he starts saying, "Well, we don't know obviously", but then he trails off and begins talking about more rivalries.

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/college-basketball/mike-aresco-rebuilding-the-big-east-38944/

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I read that differently. Aresco is being realistic. It's not like UConn is hiding its desire to leave. We've said nothing about being a "loyal member of the Big East that will work hard to ensure it is a strong conference for the foreseeable future and beyond..." UConn is rumored to be in the ACC discussion. If UConn or someone else had told Aresco that UConn was gone and just waiting for an official announcement, he wouldn't have mentioned them at all. If Aresco bragged about UConn being a member, people would've laughed at him for burying his head in the sand. I don't think it's a negative statement, I just don't think it's evidence of anything more than we already know.

Reaction Score
I listened to it before I saw this post - he was struggling w/UConn. Was it confusion as Temple is planned to be in the west? Was it nervousness about UConn? Did is wife walk in and ask him if he wanted more coffee? I don't know why he hesitated when mentioning UConn, but he did. He also referred to the BE as the Conference of Opportunity - giving opportunities to programs to grow - sounds like UConn to me.

Reaction Score
Sound good re not stuttering on Louisville. I admit I didn't listen, just interpreted the tweet.

Reaction Score
His demeanor was different when speaking of UConn versus when he was speaking of UofL. Why? Only he knows for sure, but just one more indicia of uconn's fate.

Reaction Score
Poor Aresco. He signed up for this, but I really do like what I see in his abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom