Aresco Interview From Monday On CBSSN | The Boneyard

Aresco Interview From Monday On CBSSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
The closest comparison I can make to this is the CEO of a dying business with a lot of cash on hand talking about how they are going to reinvent themselves by investing in new businesses (think newspapers, video rental, dial-up internet, etc).

At the end of the day, all of his investors would rather he just give the cash back to them and they can choose to invest in whatever new business they want to on their own.

I don't blame Aresco for trying to put lipstick on things but for schools like UConn and Cincinnati, just getting a game on ESPN isn't enough anymore.

Reaction Score
I wish i waited until later in my day to listen to that. I am going to have a major headache all day from slamming my head on desk.

I would love to hear Aresco explain a bit more the conversations on "who we wanted to be and why"...specifically Tulane's reasons.

Reaction Score
If I had the money to do it, I would buy every ticket I could possibly get my hands on for sat night and simply not go. I would love to suck the life out of the final tournament the same way Areco sucked the life out of UConn. Spiteful? You bet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If I had the money to do it, I would buy every ticket I could possibly get my hands on for sat night and simply not go. I would love to suck the life out of the final tournament the same way Areco sucked the life out of UConn. Spiteful? You bet.
He'd talk about the sell out.

CL82

Reaction Score
"Glad everyone will get to see the these great teams one more time."
, pal, just F....U.

He sounds to me like a guy who is trying to justify failure. The stench of it is all over him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sorry, Mike, not buying that this year's tourney is "special". Without the conference's heavy lifter, it's just another tournament. The real buzz will be the ACC tournament with Cuse, Ville, and Pitt added to Duke, UNC, etc. Aresco had a great opportunity to pay homage to the Big East and thank its loyal fans and provide the Big East fan an opportunity for one last great tournament and allow UConn to play. I'm sorry, but without UConn in the field, I surely won't watch. In my opinion, it's just another tournament with no appeal.

Reaction Score
This Aresco really needs to shut his mouth.....the 2013 BET is going to be great when it's full of teams who destroyed the conference & the team that has dominated it for 20 years is banned? How clueless are you....the 2013 BET is a freaking funeral you clown....at least mention UConn not playing diminishes it, we are the ONLY original member left and you do work for us.

The 2011 tourney with UConn's 5 wins in 5 days was incredible, Lousiville following with 4 wins in 4 days in 2012 was impressive.....the 2013 BET will be pathetically sad.

Reaction Score
This is like watching CART/ChampCar die all over again. They ended up blowing through 150 mil in two years just trying to stay relevant. The parallels are almost identical.

Reaction Score
, pal, just F....U.

He sounds to me like a guy who is trying to justify failure. The stench of it is all over him.

He's done a great job managing the surrender.

Reaction Score
, pal, just F....U.

I think this may be overly harsh. He walked into a bad situation that promptly got worse, but I don't know what if anything he could have done to stem the tide. I mean at worst, we could blame him for inviting Tulane. That UConn isn't allowed in the BE tourney is a travesty, but is that his call or did the conference presidents vote on this?

I didn't think that was terrible interview. He talks about exposure, and what it will mean to the league going forward. Lets see how it plays out. Hopefully we will be watching from a distance.

Reaction Score
People really should transfer their Warde hate to Aresco.

This a**clown inherited an awful situation, and he proceeded to pour gas all over it before setting it aflame.

Thanks for Tulane, a**hole. Now go away.

CL82

Reaction Score
I think this may be overly harsh. He walked into a bad situation that promptly got worse, but I don't know what if anything he could have done to stem the tide. I mean at worst, we could blame him for inviting Tulane. That UConn isn't allowed in the BE tourney is a travesty, but is that his call or did the conference presidents vote on this?

I didn't think that was terrible interview. He talks about exposure, and what it will mean to the league going forward. Lets see how it plays out. Hopefully we will be watching from a distance.
He's completely ignored UConn in every statement he's made. He's yet to say anything in support of us. It's hard for me to want to cut him any slack.

Sure he got aboard a leeky slow boat and promptly blew a hole the bottom. I suspect we find that he was focused on acquiring markets, he forgot that he needed to build consensus with his league. It may be true that no one could have saved the conference but this fluster cluck was on his watch. He is accountable for it.

Reaction Score
I completely agree. They should have allowed UConn in it just for the sake of having one last true Big East Tournament for the fans. This has really made me mad over the last couple weeks. It really gets me when i see the commercial during games for the 2013 BE tournament and UConn is featured in the ad. The more i think about it, who cares if UConn wins it and the Big East gives up its automatic bid. That would be hilarious because the only schools it will hurt are the ones leaving the conference anyway.

Reaction Score
The more i think about it, who cares if UConn wins it and the Big East gives up its automatic bid. That would be hilarious because the only schools it will hurt are the ones leaving the conference anyway.
I agree UConn should be in BET, but the way Cincy is playing and their remaining games they may need some BET wins so if we were to knock them out of BET it could hurt them....everyone else can go f#*k themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom