Aresco for AD? | The Boneyard

Aresco for AD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The BE is headed into the toilet. I bet Aresco could get us out of this mess and he wouldn't have to move to Providence.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought about that as well. I doubt that he'd take it and I'm not sure his skill set is a perfect fit. He's a better fit as a comissioner.

Reaction Score
He would be a home run hire for us. However, I think he wants to run something big and BE is as big as it gets. He is constructing the best conference he can for a TV network. I just hope he can do it somehow with the pieces available to him. BE going nationwide to survive was the best idea out Providence.

Reaction Score
If he'd have been hired commissioner after Tranghese, we would not be in this predicament whatsoever, I'd venture to guess none of the schools post Miami, VT, BC would have left, and some may have even come back.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think this fan base is in a perpetual state of "the grass is greener...". I don't know why it took me until now to figure it out.

Reaction Score
Well, upon further reflection, we probably have a fiduciary duty not to try to swipe our own conference commissioner.

That said, even if not Aresco, we need to make a statement, home-run hire ASAP before the B1G finalizes their plans. We need to change the perception fast to steal one of those invites. This is not an indictment of Manuel - he should be taken care of. But we need the biggest of hitters on board in some capacity ASAP advocating our case.

Reaction Score
Well, upon further reflection, we probably have a fiduciary duty not to try to swipe our own conference commissioner.
Well, Aresco was our alumnus first. Not that it matters ... ;)

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The BE is headed into the toilet. I bet Aresco could get us out of this mess and he wouldn't have to move to Providence.

Does Jim Delaney have a son? If so, we should just hire him for whatever salary he wants ($10MM/year?!...that would more than pay for itself!).;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom