Are You Going to Renew/Buy 2015 Football Season Tickets? | The Boneyard

Are You Going to Renew/Buy 2015 Football Season Tickets?

Are You Going to Renew/Buy 2015 Football Season Tickets?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just curious where we Boneyarders, the most diehard of UCONN fans, stood as of right now on 2015 football season tickets. Feel free to share your opinions in the comments.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I can almost guarantee my group that was 12, is now 8, will likely be done after this season. I just can't sell anyone on it anymore.

At this point I'll go single game unless there is any incentive to go with season tickets.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am not an Uconn alumnus, nor is anyone in my household. I took to the team when I moved to the state in 2000. I buy season tickets because the team desperately needs the support, not because I manage to make to the games - I actually only go to 2 or 3 a year. Until the re-alignment mess NCAA football was my favorite tv viewing sport. Now its my least favorite, only because Uconn got the shaft. Now I watch the NHL, college hoops, MLB and of course the NFL....just about everything but college football. Watching everyone playing on Saturday just hurts too much.

Coming from lower FF County, I'm unable to get anyone to make the trek with me. Between the losing and my inability to find buddies, I'll be sitting next year out. Someday I would like to restart my donation.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I said yes, but it should be with an asterisk, since I am on the 3-game plan. I'll continue to purchase the 3-game plan, and hope to God that my 3 friends continue to go along with me...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Undecided. I have some demands.

Reaction Score
I live in Florida. I donate the money instead but go to one home and one away (ucf or usf). The record would not deter me as it gives me six Saturday's a year to get out and drink beer and socialize with friends. I sat through a monsoon for these fu34ers this year. So I would do whatever it takes to help this program get better.

Reaction Score
I voted yes because I know I will renew my 3....however as I said in another post my "group" began buying season tickets in 1999, we grew to 21 tickets four years ago. This year we were at 14. I expect 10 or less for next year based on what I am hearing. I will be at SMU game but only one other out of my group of 14 has told me they will go. I suspect the others will see what the weather is.

Reaction Score
I will go to some games but am done as a season ticket holder. I honestly did not think it was going to get worse before it got better. I was wrong. Doubts about re-upping began with the pre-season mentality HCBD employed in the first three home games of the year. USF was a mess, Tulane even worse. Army put me on the edge and last night sealed the deal for me. Some of you on the other thread accused me of giving up. Perhaps, or perhaps as a non-alum who bleeds national flag blue and white (if that's possible), this program has finally run me off. I'll go support the mighty Engineers in Worcester instead.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It will be a small miracle to clear 10k season tickets next year.

Oh, and I was thinking today the permanent damage to all our soon to graduate seniors, having to sit through 4 years of this putridity. Yeah I'm sure they'll invest in football tix after graduation.

Reaction Score
Thinking no at this point. This program lost everything it had put into place the day they took the quick fix approach and hired Paul Pasqualoni to take over from Randy. That was the opportunity to decide that they were gonna emphasize offense to complement an already good defensive pedigree. Instead, they were more concerned that Randy didn't say "bye-bye" to a bunch of nearly grown men. Instead they didn't fire PP after year 1 or even worse after year two.

If HCBD can recruit some actual D1 players who also have offers from P5 schools and if they start winning some games that can re-ignite some excitement in this program, then maybe I'll renew. For the time being there are plenty of game day, walk up tickets to be had, if I'm in the mood to see them play.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I will go to some games but am done as a season ticket holder. I honestly did not think it was going to get worse before it got better. I was wrong. Doubts about re-upping began with the pre-season mentality HCBD employed in the first three home games of the year. USF was a mess, Tulane even worse. Army put me on the edge and last night sealed the deal for me. Some of you on the other thread accused me of giving up. Perhaps, or perhaps as a non-alum who bleeds national flag blue and white (if that's possible), this program has finally run me off. I'll go support the mighty Engineers in Worcester instead.

Army was the watershed WTF moment. After buying 50, that's 5-0 and sponsoring a bus trip, I found myself wondering why I was travelling out of state to watch such a display and having the gall to drag people with me. Up until that point, I could buy the pain now for progress later diatribe. There is just no universe where you can be embarrassed by Army in FB and achieve anything worthwhile.

Reaction Score
Our crew is getting season tickets.

I think in this situation fans, including me, need to be patient and think long term.

Not making the P-5 is, however, genuinely troublesome. I dread to think about the future of the football and hoops programs unless that situation is corrected.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Our crew is getting season tickets.

I think in this situation fans, including me, need to be patient and think long term.

Not making the P-5 is, however, genuinely troublesome. I dread to think about the future of the football and hoops programs unless that situation is corrected.

I'm not out, yet. Just very seriously considering it.

P-5 will eventually kill the AD as a whole, once the settlement money runs out around '16-17, you'll notice it more.

I would like to know everyone's definition of long term as we sit here staring at a 5th bowl-less season barring significant improvement next year? What exactly are these long term goals and when should we as rational and understanding fans expect to achieve them? I have my answer, but I'd like to hear what the patience crowd is thinking?

Reaction Score
No but I'll go to some games, maybe all of them provided they don't average 5 face palms per quarter. That ought to be an official stat - fan face palms per game. We probably led the country this year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Army was the watershed WTF moment. After buying 50, that's 5-0 and sponsoring a bus trip, I found myself wondering why I was travelling out of state to watch such a display and having the gall to drag people with me. Up until that point, I could buy the pain now for progress later diatribe. There is just no universe where you can be embarrassed by Army in FB and achieve anything worthwhile.

Imagine having to travel out of state every home game to watch this garbage! At least I could take a subway home from the army debacle!

Reaction Score
I'm going to wait and see what the prices look like. Based on all the deals they've offered to try and get people to the stadium the week of a game, they better offer sweet deals to the season ticket holders. If prices drop by 10% and they offer an addition 10-30% off if you commit to more than 1 year, I might bite that bullet in January, otherwise I'm waiting until the week of for each game. It just seems ridiculous that they'll offer $5 tickets if you show your hockey game ticket (I went to that game yesterday too), but I should expect to pay as much as I did this year for chairbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom