Are we playing Auburn this year | The Boneyard

Are we playing Auburn this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This isn't being picked up by the local media yet, but my guess is it's true. These things don't tend to come from nowhere.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I figured Auburn would be on the table as the major conference home game because of Benedict.

That said a game against Auburn at the XL doesn't fire me up at all. I'll be skipping the 5 pack this year.

Reaction Score
They're also at Mohegan Sun 2 days before they play us, so makes logistical sense for them too. Too bad we didn't get Oklahoma from that series

Reaction Score
I was talking with a reporter and said this was not a done deal. Close but not done

Reaction Score
They're also at Mohegan Sun 2 days before they play us, so makes logistical sense for them too. Too bad we didn't get Oklahoma from that series

Oklahoma lost a ton, I don't think there will be much of a difference b/w the teams this year.

Reaction Score
Not even a shirtless Bruce Pearl can entice you? I'm sure if he's coaching they have bought some talented but probably not team-oriented guys. What Pearl failed to see his last few years in Tennessee was he was so great with his least talented Tennessee teams of 2 and 3-stars playing press and shoot 3s but he got enamored with the McDonald's AAs and quit playing small ball.
1280784281-pearl.jpg

Reaction Score
That's Pearl , jeez. What a character.As For playing Auburn I'll take it. Seems good to me.

Reaction Score
Somebody tell me why this is preferable to scheduling a H & H with Rhode Island.

Is RR in the MAC or independent? (Sorry being a dick). What national station would pick that game up? Auburn is in at least a real conference

Reaction Score
Is RR in the MAC or independent? (Sorry being a dick). What national station would pick that game up? Auburn is in at least a real conference

yes, and might give us a foot in the door for a football game if we play it right.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Rhody is gonna be a top 25 team this year. They're good. Would be a solid H+H to add, with game 1 at home this year.

Buuuuuuuuuuut UConn is too self-righteous to ever make it happen.

Reaction Score

A10 and RI should be a much better team than Auburn, some of you dudes get way too caught up in the power conference nonsense. UConn vs RI is much more appealing as a game than vs. Auburn.

Reaction Score
A10 and RI should be a much better team than Auburn, some of you dudes get way too caught up in the power conference nonsense. UConn vs RI is much more appealing as a game than vs. Auburn.

I think i was very wrong on this. Thought RI lost/grad its core players

Reaction Score
I think i was very wrong on this. Thought RI lost/grad its core players
Number 21 on ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25.

21. Rhode Island Rams
Wait: Rhode Island? Yes, Rhode Island. The Rams spent last season flying under the radar for reasons entirely outside coach Dan Hurley's control. Chief among them: On Nov. 14, in the first half of the team's season opener, star guard E.C. Matthews -- the team's high-volume lead scorer, and arguably its best defender, in a defense-fueled 23-win 2014-15 -- suffered a season-ending knee injury. Hassan Martin, Kuran Iverson and Jarvis Garrettwould all take knocks later, but any momentum the Rams had coming into the season ended when Matthews left the floor. With Matthews (and everyone else) now healthy, Hurley's ascendant program can get back to the business of its first NCAA tournament berth since 1999.

The (revised) Way-Too-Early top 25 in college hoops

Expected to be the class of the A-10 this season.

A-10 offseason storylines: Rhode Island aims to end 16-year NCAA drought

Rhode Island tries to break through

That's what was supposed to happen last season before Dan Hurley was hit with the epitome of brutality. The Rams lost the Atlantic 10's potential player of the year -- E.C. Matthews -- to a torn ACL in their season opener and all-conference big man Hassan Martin struggled to stay healthy all season after a plethora of different injuries.

Hurley still managed to lead Rhode Island to a 17-win season, highlighted by a wire-to-wire win at Dayton and unearthed two All-Atlantic 10 caliber guards in Jarvis Garrett (12.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4.7 assists in 2015-16) and Jared Terrell (13.6 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists in 2015-16) as well. Now Matthews and Martin are back with those two players and returning starter Kuran Iverson, giving the Rams what looks like a top-20 roster on paper.

Hurley also returns two role players who logged double-figure minutes last season in Christion Thompson and Nikola Akele while incoming freshmen Cyril Langevine and Mike Layssard are expected to provide depth in the low post. Rhode Island has returned to relevancy under Hurley's watch, but this is still a program that hasn't played in the NCAA Tournament since 1999. Anything less than a trip to the field of 68 will be a major disappointment for a group that's more than capable of winning the Atlantic 10 regular season title and being a trendy pick to do damage in March.

Reaction Score
Number 21 on ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25.

21. Rhode Island Rams
Wait: Rhode Island? Yes, Rhode Island. The Rams spent last season flying under the radar for reasons entirely outside coach Dan Hurley's control. Chief among them: On Nov. 14, in the first half of the team's season opener, star guard E.C. Matthews -- the team's high-volume lead scorer, and arguably its best defender, in a defense-fueled 23-win 2014-15 -- suffered a season-ending knee injury. Hassan Martin, Kuran Iverson and Jarvis Garrettwould all take knocks later, but any momentum the Rams had coming into the season ended when Matthews left the floor. With Matthews (and everyone else) now healthy, Hurley's ascendant program can get back to the business of its first NCAA tournament berth since 1999.

The (revised) Way-Too-Early top 25 in college hoops

Expected to be the class of the A-10 this season.

A-10 offseason storylines: Rhode Island aims to end 16-year NCAA drought

Rhode Island tries to break through

That's what was supposed to happen last season before Dan Hurley was hit with the epitome of brutality. The Rams lost the Atlantic 10's potential player of the year -- E.C. Matthews -- to a torn ACL in their season opener and all-conference big man Hassan Martin struggled to stay healthy all season after a plethora of different injuries.

Hurley still managed to lead Rhode Island to a 17-win season, highlighted by a wire-to-wire win at Dayton and unearthed two All-Atlantic 10 caliber guards in Jarvis Garrett (12.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4.7 assists in 2015-16) and Jared Terrell (13.6 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists in 2015-16) as well. Now Matthews and Martin are back with those two players and returning starter Kuran Iverson, giving the Rams what looks like a top-20 roster on paper.

Hurley also returns two role players who logged double-figure minutes last season in Christion Thompson and Nikola Akele while incoming freshmen Cyril Langevine and Mike Layssard are expected to provide depth in the low post. Rhode Island has returned to relevancy under Hurley's watch, but this is still a program that hasn't played in the NCAA Tournament since 1999. Anything less than a trip to the field of 68 will be a major disappointment for a group that's more than capable of winning the Atlantic 10 regular season title and being a trendy pick to do damage in March.

Thanks. Very undickie for you hooper..

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Wish it were in Auburn where I could walk to the arena tho.

Reaction Score
URI has one good season every decade and a half, this upcoming season might be one of those. Auburn is from a major conference and is a program on the rise with Pearl. They have a top 25 recruiting class this year and the #3 class so far for next year and are just a bigger name than URI.

Reaction Score
Really wish Heron wanted to come here, I expect him to be one of the best freshman in the country.

Reaction Score
URI has one good season every decade and a half, this upcoming season might be one of those. Auburn is from a major conference and is a program on the rise with Pearl. They have a top 25 recruiting class this year and the #3 class so far for next year and are just a bigger name than URI.

dude, we're talking right now today, this seaason, Rhode island will be better than Auburn. Pearl hasn't got Auburn up and running yet like he did Tennessee, and as far as the bigger name neither school really carries much juice in CBB. The last time anyone has cared about Auburn basketball was when Chris Porter was there with that afro.

Reaction Score
dude, we're talking right now today, this seaason, Rhode island will be better than Auburn. Pearl hasn't got Auburn up and running yet like he did Tennessee, and as far as the bigger name neither school really carries much juice in CBB. The last time anyone has cared about Auburn basketball was when Chris Porter was there with that afro.
URI will probably be good this season and we know they will go back to sucking next season when EC Matthews, Kuran Iverson and Hassan Martin are all gone. I would definitely rather a series with Auburn.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Building a good relationship with Auburn's athletic department would be awesome for us, though. Much more so than URI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom