Are we having fun yet? | The Boneyard

Are we having fun yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At some point in this evolution of UConn football, WE WILL have more users/more activity than the Women's BB board. But, let's all try to keep a good buzz going here as we enter a very exciting season.

1. Lines matter in Football. Particularly in the Northeast. We will have the BEST combination of OLine & DLine in our conference. Our LBs should have great shots to make tackles early; our TBs should find holes to run like crazy.

2. QB? Let's hope for a stud. Mikc Nebrich - Johnny Mac - Scott Mac ... someone develop. We need to really have a passing game.

3. Great CBs. Love - with our new Pitt/WVU flavor - that we have solid guys on the corners. Go ahead & throw it. I expect Dwayne Gratz to have a competitive fire & try to have a great year. Teams will start throwing away from Blidi; Gratz will play big. And slots? We have Taylor Mack & I expect that we will see him a lot against certain alignments. Pasqualoni & Brown know what they are doing.

4. Throw to the TE. That's $$$

5. And let's continue to be solid on Specials.

Let us get going with a bang on Thursday.

Reaction Score
They're like a bad penny. They'll show up at some point. (followed me/us from Rivals to Scout)

Frankly, you cannot have made a better foil than the Scarlet Knights. God gave them just a little bit of success & they got to #12 in the AP to end that year. NOW ... they think they have been annointed world-beaters. 4-8 though was a good kick in the head. My personal view is ... IF SCHIANO COULD ... they just need to stick with a system & work it. That Program can't NOT make a move every couple seconds. We are a little concerned cause we are down to a handful of scholarships at WR; Greggy would have switched 3 CBs/TBs by now. Then back.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The scuttlebutt (from a cbs article that anonymously quoted BE coaches' assesments of each other... can't track it down at the moment) is that Schiano is a difficult boss. I read that to mean the assistants had enormous pressure to get things a certain way and perhaps were undermined by the HC when things weren't working. Now one has to wonder what the dynamic between the head football coach and the new athletic director is like.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's linked at the Scout site and I think it's from an annual Athlon article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom