Are we almost to the "No Mas" point with this team? | The Boneyard

Are we almost to the "No Mas" point with this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I almost can't watch when we play decent teams let alone good teams. I like some of the pieces on this team and all of them personally but it really doesn't work at all as a whole. We make the dumbest, laziest, most idiotic turnovers I've ever seen. Hamilton has talent but is beyond careless with the ball, Boat has let his frustration of constant double teams get the best of him, Purvis is an enigma, Calhoun is hot & cold, Brimah can't last 10 mins in most games.

It seems to me we have a team of role players & 1 or 2 with breakout potential. Not trying to knock them, they are what they are and I will watch and root for them because I have no choice but man they are not very pleasing to the eye. Hope they get hot in last 10 but I doubt it.

There is of course a realistic chance we can get 3 wins in Hartford in March against the mighty AAC to make a tourney appearance but I fear there is no magic run in this years team....and that's ok, but not easy to accept.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As much as it pains me (and will send half of this board into a temper tantrum), yes. It just wasn't in the cards this year.

Reaction Score
Just a heads up you're going to get hammered for this post despite the accuracy
No doubt...just how it is...not to the "No Mas" point yet but damn close.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If enduring a season like this one is part of the cost of last year's national title I'll gladly pay that price on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
I'm with you, but it's a down year. They happen to every team not named Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas that just reload and reload.

Last year's national championship sure feels like a long time ago, though, doesn't it? The embarrassing and consistent failure of our football team combined with the conference anxiety make a down basketball year seem way worse than it is.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm willing to say no mas. I keep wanting to believe that we'll turn it around, but I don't think it'll happen now.

Real question is, without Boat next season, how will we score any points? 30 alley oops from Hamilton to Brimah?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will never say No Mas though this season has been difficult to say the least. I remember much worse so I will suck it up and never give it up

Reaction Score
Folks, this team is going to need the Husky fan base more than ever this year. We need to blow the roof off of Hartford during the AAC tournament and hopefully win that thing. Would love to send these Cincy punks back home with a tournament loss and win it outright.

Let's just take a pause and then show our thanks to the team by supporting them at home in few weeks in March.

Don't jump off the ledge!!!

Reaction Score
I'm with you, but it's a down year. They happen to every team not named Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas that just reload and reload.

Last year's national championship sure feels like a long time ago, though, doesn't it? The embarrassing and consistent failure of our football team combined with the conference anxiety make a down basketball year seem way worse than it is.
It just never seems that no matter how many championships UConn wins, it just doesn't get the respect that the above named schools get. I just wish we could see some improvement from game to game, but it always seems like it is more of the same all the time. I think that maybe the talent is there, but the chemistry is not there so far this year.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to SMU games , the Temple game to end the regular season if we are somehow "on the bubble" and of course the AAC tourney in Hartford to determine our fate....otherwise I'll watch but not on the edge of my seat. I feel bad for Boat if he doesn't get to the Tourney but it won't lessen the amazing career he's had at UConn....I hope Boat proves me wrong and there is some magic.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm willing to say no mas. I keep wanting to believe that we'll turn it around, but I don't think it'll happen now.

Real question is, without Boat next season, how will we score any points? 30 alley oops from Hamilton to Brimah?

Pray that Adams can contribute right from the jump

Reaction Score
Dreary but very fair. It's been a tough season. But you never know what can happen come March.

Reaction Score
I'm not. True the team is not pleasing to the eye. But these are the types of games you want. These are the games that reveal the character of your team and lays the foundation for the future. I am looking to see who is still out there giving 100% and who is not. I am looking to see who is coachable or has their head down. These are not pretty games for most fans. But for me, I am looking at who is still going strong. That is the player(s) who will be leaders for next season and beyond. Of course that depends on grade level and NBA readiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom