Are Paige's Ears Burning Yet? | The Boneyard

Are Paige's Ears Burning Yet?

Reaction Score
I believe our first game will be against the Q on November 28 followed by Mississippi St, barring a collosal upset by Maine, on the 29th. Practice begins October 14th, which is not so far away. Starting September 14th the team has been permitted to do conditioning and skill instruction. Can we assume that during skill instruction that Paige has had an opportunity to get a good dose of what she can expect during her UConn career, which is, shall we say, constructive criticism by Geno and the assistants?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I believe our first game will be against the Q on November 28 followed by Mississippi St, barring a colossal upset by Maine, on the 29th. Practice begins October 14th, which is not so far away. Starting September 14th the team has been permitted to do conditioning and skill instruction. Can we assume that during skill instruction that Paige has had an opportunity to get a good dose of what she can expect during her UConn career, which is, shall we say, constructive criticism by Geno and the assistants?

This was scheduled back in May. The dates are confirmed on their website. No dates are given as to when the tickets will go on sale. Here is the price list for tournament tickets:

1601434032469.png

The tournament is hosted by the Naismith Hall of Fame and held at the Mohegan Sun Arena, about 30 miles from UConn's campus in Storrs. The 2020 Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Challenge is turning the Hall of Fame's annual women's college basketball game at Mohegan Sun into a two day, four-team tournament!

This event, which always features the perennial powerhouse University of Connecticut, will also have Mississippi St. University, Quinnipiac University, and the University of Maine. Previous participants in this event have included Florida St., Michigan, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Mississippi State and UConn have not met since the national semifinals in 2017, when the Bulldogs upset the top-ranked Huskies 66-64 in overtime to snap UConn's record 111-game win streak.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe our first game will be against the Q on November 28 followed by Mississippi St, barring a collosal upset by Maine, on the 29th. Practice begins October 14th, which is not so far away. Starting September 14th the team has been permitted to do conditioning and skill instruction. Can we assume that during skill instruction that Paige has had an opportunity to get a good dose of what she can expect during her UConn career, which is, shall we say, constructive criticism by Geno and the assistants?

I think he is going to criticize for sure. That's what coaches do along with praise. But UConn practices are no secret and Bueckers is the type to take it for what it is, an effort to make her better. I'll wager that at some point before the season Geno will say that she is everything a coach could hope for in a player.

Bueckers will not get herself tossed out of practice. :)

Reaction Score
I think he is going to criticize for sure. That's what coaches do along with praise. But UConn practices are no secret and Bueckers is the type to take it for what it is, an effort to make her better. I'll wager that at some point before the season Geno will say that she is everything a coach could hope for in a player.

Sue and Breanna among others have promised her she would get a full dose of Geno, for her own good of course, and that he reserves the biggest doses for the best players. She might be downright disappointed if he doesn't live up to those expectations.☺️

Bueckers will not get herself tossed out of practice.

Reaction Score
No attack but what would make anyone think different? Geno and CD have had a recipe that has worked for years I doubt anything will change for Paige. She will get the same chowder as the all those before her. A diet of what will make her the best player / person she can possibly be. Darn good track record so far.... ;)

Reaction Score
This was scheduled back in May. The dates are confirmed on their website. No dates are given as to when the tickets will go on sale. Here is the price list for tournament tickets:

View attachment 59185
The tournament is hosted by the Naismith Hall of Fame and held at the Mohegan Sun Arena, about 30 miles from UConn's campus in Storrs. The 2020 Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Challenge is turning the Hall of Fame's annual women's college basketball game at Mohegan Sun into a two day, four-team tournament!

This event, which always features the perennial powerhouse University of Connecticut, will also have Mississippi St. University, Quinnipiac University, and the University of Maine. Previous participants in this event have included Florida St., Michigan, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Mississippi State and UConn have not met since the national semifinals in 2017, when the Bulldogs upset the top-ranked Huskies 66-64 in overtime to snap UConn's record 111-game win streak.
Great info as usual Carnac. Tky.

Reaction Score

Geno criticize? I'm not sure I've ever heard those two words in the same sentence. I think what you meant was that Geno prefers to inject constructive comments into conversations with his players, or, perhaps, Geno is a believer in educational communication.

Reaction Score
Geno once said that Bird "had to have the last word". I read Cosgriff saying the same thing about Bueckers.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Geno once said that Bird "had to have the last word". I read Cosgriff saying the same thing about Bueckers.

These next 4 years should be very interesting. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom