Araion Bradshaw leaves So. Carolina | The Boneyard

Araion Bradshaw leaves So. Carolina

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It sort of looks like Dawn has the bit in her teeth and she's clamping down hard. Scholarship room? If she glared at me and said Git, I'd scram fast.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I believe they also lost an incoming frosh; surprised I haven't seen much about it.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I believe they also lost an incoming frosh; surprised I haven't seen much about it.
Yes, Haley Troup. Went to Missouri.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Am I the only one wondering what's going on in Columbia, SC? Two players before the start of the season, and after their overseas trip.

Reaction Score
Tom Hanks is reporting that Wilson is headed to some island.Not sure which one,but the S.C. interior will be milquetoast without her.

Reaction Score
Bradshaw is too good of a player to sit on the bench her entire career at SC. She made a smart choice. She who have seen little to no time had she stayed. And with Te'a Cooper and Destanni Henderson coming next year it would have been the same. Wish her the best.

I don't think losing two transfers mean something is going on. The last time we lost two transfers we picked up two more big time transfers. Probably mean Dawn feels good about landing some recruits.

We are at an 11 player team right now and that's perfect for rotations. Everybody will get a chance to play and grow throughout the season. I'm confident this team will still be very good.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Don't know for sure. I think Cooper from TN to SCAR has to sit only one year.

The SEC doesn't have 2 year rule for intra conference transfers.. but there are ways coaches in conference can block SAs from transferring to conference rivals. We see this in football often, but our WBB coaches are generally pretty classy and give blanket releases, allowing them to go anywhere. Jennings got a blanket release from Kentucky, allowing her to go to SC. Troup and Cooper were given blanket releases by their previous head coaches.. allowing them to transfer anywhere with only the NCAA penalties for transfers.

Reaction Score
Bradshaw is too good of a player to sit on the bench her entire career at SC. She made a smart choice. She who have seen little to no time had she stayed. And with Te'a Cooper and Destanni Henderson coming next year it would have been the same. Wish her the best.

I don't think losing two transfers mean something is going on. The last time we lost two transfers we picked up two more big time transfers. Probably mean Dawn feels good about landing some recruits.

We are at an 11 player team right now and that's perfect for rotations. Everybody will get a chance to play and grow throughout the season. I'm confident this team will still be very good.

Will Dawn play Harris, Cooper, and Henderson together? Going small worked well for them, but they currently don’t have a player with size to play in the middle for life after Wilson, maybe they will land ONO.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Will Dawn play Harris, Cooper, and Henderson together? Going small worked well for them, but they currently don’t have a player with size to play in the middle for life after Wilson, maybe they will land ONO.

Dawn played a lot of lineups with two point guards on the floor at once last year (Cuevas/Harris).. and it worked because they both like to play uptempo with Harris being the facilitator and Cuevas being the scorer.. but it also worked because SC had two bigger wings, with one of them (Gray) effectively playing a stretch-4 position. With that lineup, SC was able to spread the floor leaving Wilson inside for 1 on 1 matchups, which is an automatic bucket for her. But we could do that because we had bigger wings in Gray and Davis that could guard opposing forwards and guards..

Next year we'll have Jennings and Williams..Jennings is 6'3 and Williams is 6'4.. Williams will have to grow up fast because she'll likely be starting for us the rest of her years after Wilson leaves.. next year at the 4 (unless Harrigan starts), and then at the 5 once Jennings leaves. Neither are as talented as Wilson.. but they'll have to do a serviceable job.

Reaction Score

There's a possibility at least 2 of them can play together. Harris being the tallest of the 3 I suspect she would be the 2 on defense and the 1 on offense. Henderson has a combo guard game but she's extremely athletic. Here's a recent highlight clip:

Hopefully we land ONO. We have Jennings, Williams and Herbert Harrigan but we are going to need ONO down low. Aquira DeCosta would also be a great get. Her athleticism and Versatility will be much needed.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Dawn is a pretty straightforward person and I'm sure she was honest with Haley and Araion about their future playing time. With Ty and Bianca this season and Ty and Te'a next season, they both saw little likelihood for significant playing time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom