Apparently Uconn has No chance to win it all? | The Boneyard

Apparently Uconn has No chance to win it all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nice omission. You'd think ESPN would actually start to like us more given the potential for a B12 network with us.

Anyway, checking Vegas lines, looks like consensus is 45:1, which puts us ahead of Iowa St. and Baylor at 60:1 but behind Utah, Cal and Arizona at 40:1.

Reaction Score
Nice omission. You'd think ESPN would actually start to like us more given the potential for a B12 network with us.

Anyway, checking Vegas lines, looks like consensus is 45:1, which puts us ahead of Iowa St. and Baylor at 60:1 but behind Utah, Cal and Arizona at 40:1.

I'm kind of really, really surprised by the Vegas numbers. Iowa State and Baylor are two of my top teams in the tournament. I'd put them ahead of all the Pac-12 teams but Oregon (who I think is for real).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm kind of really, really surprised by the Vegas numbers. Iowa State and Baylor are two of my top teams in the tournament. I'd put them ahead of all the Pac-12 teams but Oregon (who I think is for real).

The reality is that IF UConn gets by Kansas, the Huskies have a #1 overall seed draw. I think there is a path, and I think teams like Maryland might even be gone by then. Cal has a worse overall record that UConn. Amazingly weak 4 seed, more like a 6-7, as UConn should be. SDSU is well underseeded at 12. Then the bottom half has Nova, who usually chokes and a mediocre Miami team. Iowa might be the best team in the bottom half.

Reaction Score
All I can say is were clicking on all cylinders right now.

DHam has finally become the guy for us, an efficient high volume shooter and "Mr. Everything" on the court.

Jalen's talent is finally flourishing and allowing him to be the number 2 on offense, running the team like a vet

Rodney's filling his role amazingly, being that lock down on ball defender on the opposing team's best player and hitting open 3s on the other end of the court

Gibbs is finally playing his role efficiently off the ball, coming off screens like RayRay and Rip and drilling clutch 3s when they matter most

Brimah is finally back in a groove after his time off with the broken finger, altering shots left and right and making it very difficult for teams to score down low

Shonn's giving us that post presence we so desperately need, and that mental and physical toughness on the defensive end. I just hope he limits his foul troubles going into the tourney, which is a good segway into my last point...

The way Ollie has used the bench the past 3 games is genius. Now that he's got everyone playing the way he wants, and bought into roles and the system, he knows we have a very deep team and is keeping our bigs out of foul trouble by playing Nolan, Facey & Enoch more than usual. The more these guys play in the first half the more aggressive Shonn and Brimah can be during the most crucial times of the game.

I just hope DHAM keeps this momentum going, because as we all know this team goes as Hamilton does.

Reaction Score
Guys UConn has no business winning this Tournament, just like in 2014. Its no slight just the truth.

We did not have a great year, we just need some great games coming up. The good thing is that March for UConn means ultimate possibilities and there is no such thing as a long shot.

Reaction Score
In 2011 we had teams ahead of us equal in hype to Kansas. The second game of the weekend you rack em up and go and playing loose helps us tremendously as it did in the AAC. No one else will give us a chance. But let's us not look past Colorado as I'm certain KO isn't.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/14967516/kansas-jayhawks-9-2-favorites-vegas-win-ncaa-tournament

Not even listed as one of the 68 teams What? Another slight by ESPN. 67 teams listed but not us!
Mojo.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Guys UConn has no business winning this Tournament, just like in 2014. Its no slight just the truth.

We did not have a great year, we just need some great games coming up. The good thing is that March for UConn means ultimate possibilities and there is no such thing as a long shot.

In 2014, and 2011, we had the best player. When you have the best player you always have a chance. We also had a favorable draw in 2014. Nova?
Iowa St had a key injury and Tom Izzo's team played right into out hands.

After that, a team we'd already beaten followed by a young Kentucky team coached by a terrible GameDay coach.

We don't have the best player this year and the team has been wildly inconsistent minute to minute, but it they play their absolute best they can win, but you can say that about most teams.

Win Thursday and compete against KU will set up next year nicely. If we beat KU, then the season would be a huge success.

Reaction Score
In 2014, and 2011, we had the best player. When you have the best player you always have a chance. We also had a favorable draw in 2014. Nova?
Iowa St had a key injury and Tom Izzo's team played right into out hands.

After that, a team we'd already beaten followed by a young Kentucky team coached by a terrible GameDay coach.

I've seen this argument about the 2014 draw a ton on the board this year. It never gets less ridiculous.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
2014 we played the A10's hottest team right of the gate ( Dayton got to the sweet sixteen the same year.)
Nova was a weak 2 seed but not to shabby a legit 3 or 4 The game wasn't close
TSam played the first half and they couldn't stop him.
Iowa St lost that player in the first round that handled UNC without him in the 2nd round. They were still a terrific team.
Michigan State was everyone's pick including Obama's to win it all. By the end of the game their guards were traumatized.
We beat Fla on our home court on what the general public considered a fluke
Fla was the number one ranked team in the country and had beaten Ky 3 times.
(Yes the same Ky who walked through the easy side of the bracket.)
See comments on MSU ,The UF guards needed to be admitted after that game.
The Great Billy Donavan was afraid to foul us.
KY was hotter than a pistol and except for early UConn foul trouble we would have blown them out. With two starters sitting we never trailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom