Apparently Dan Patrick says San Diego St to PAC | The Boneyard

Apparently Dan Patrick says San Diego St to PAC

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Dan Patrick said this morning that San Diego St to the PAC will be announced soon, possibly this week.

If true, I think this puts the final nail in the coffin for UCLA staying in the PAC (like there needed to be). Would the PAC now go to 12 or would they just stay at 11? Who would be the 12th if they invited another?

Reaction Score
Dan Patrick said this morning that San Diego St to the PAC will be announced soon, possibly this week.

If true, I think this puts the final nail in the coffin for UCLA staying in the PAC (like there needed to be). Would the PAC now go to 12 or would they just stay at 11? Who would be the 12th if they invited another?
I suspected this would happen. Maybe the Zags are #12 and there is no 12th football team......or maybe Air Force comes in for football only, they've been considering independence.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I would think Fresno St would be the other option to get to 12

Reaction Score
Snapdragon Stadium completed in 2022.
$310 million
Likely PAC 12 invite
Jo-incidence?

1667850906383.png

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Are they just adding 1, or will Boise or Fresno get invited too? Boise is the much more appealing program and market.

Reaction Score
Adding San Diego State would mean that the PAC maintains a presence in southern Cal once UCL:A and USC leave. That would seem to be the main reason for adding them.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Are they just adding 1, or will Boise or Fresno get invited too? Boise is the much more appealing program and market.
If they want to keep the 9-game conference schedule, they need to add two.

Reaction Score

It could be accurate, but Dan Patrick is not exactly a beat reporter with connections so I take it with a grain of salt.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pac 12 needs to add SDSU and someone else, probably Boise. They need SDSU for hoops, and they need both schools for football. They also need a program in southern California.

Staying with 10 schools would be a mistake.

Reaction Score
The PAC is taking way too long to add teams. No other conference ever came close to taking this much time to add replacements. That makes me wonder if there is internal conflict on how to proceed?

Do Cal and Stanford want to be associated with the likes of SDSU and BSU, for example?

Are some PAC schools currently negotiating with the B1G and feel confident an invite is coming?

Reaction Score
Pac 12 needs to add SDSU and someone else, probably Boise. They need SDSU for hoops, and they need both schools for football. They also need a program in southern California.

Staying with 10 schools would be a mistake.
Similarly I think the Big East needs to expand and I know that topic has been beaten to death but adding a few programs would help the conference and those programs. I KNOW it won't happen but I'm certain many SU hoops fans would be in favor of it. Their program isn't dying on the vine. It's rotting in the mud.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the Pac 12 is pursing the Big East strategy, which is a high risk, but high reward strategy of only adding teams as absolutely necessary to replace departures. This assumes that the weakest power conference, in this case the Pac 12, will lose teams on a First In, First Out basis until most of the league has a new home. While it took a long time, every team that was in the Big East ultimately ended up in a power conference except for USF, and UConn's football program. I don't think it will work out that way for the Pac 12, and they should consider reconstructing a conference which would have to survive as kind of a "best case" for the significant number of teams that will be playing in it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Similarly I think the Big East needs to expand and I know that topic has been beaten to death but adding a few programs would help the conference and those programs. I KNOW it won't happen but I'm certain many SU hoops fans would be in favor of it. Their program isn't dying on the vine. It's rotting in the mud.
You think? I can’t see them taking a 90% cut in their media money.

Reaction Score
You think? I can’t see them taking a 90% cut in their media money.
90% cut? The success of the conference and the payouts are two separate but related issues. I still think getting into Virginia and North Carolina or some other markets would help the conference.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
90% cut? The success of the conference and the payouts are two separate but related issues. I still think getting into Virginia and North Carolina or some other markets would help the conference.
The ACC makes about 37 million per team in media money. That doesn’t count all tie ends, and their share of the college football playoffs. Makes 4 million in media money.

Reaction Score
The ACC makes about 37 million per team in media money. That doesn’t count all tie ends, and their share of the college football playoffs. Makes 4 million in media money.
Oh, you were talking about SU. I thought you meant the other big east programs. Yeah, SU wouldn't do it but I bet SU basketball fans would be happy with it. I'm happy with the winning.

Reaction Score
We need more money, but I don’t want to end up like Cuse and BC either. The ACC has killed them. Tough times for Northeastern schools not named Penn St…..and even their bball program is rarely decent.

We may be running on a budget but we are getting it done.

Reaction Score
We need more money, but I don’t want to end up like Cuse and BC either. The ACC has killed them. Tough times for Northeastern schools not named Penn St…..and even their bball program is rarely decent.

We may be running on a budget but we are getting it done.
Thing is the only sport that really matters is football, and even if Penn State's basketball sucks, their football is still chugging along just fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom