OT: Apartments in West Hartford | The Boneyard

OT: Apartments in West Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'm looking to find an apartment in West Hartford soon with a friend who is graduating this spring. Has anyone heard of any new/reputable apartments in the area?

I've seen some really nice ones in Vernon, but I always go out in West Hartford on the weekends and Vernon is a bit of a hike in that sense.

Appreciate any help or advice.

Reaction Score
Are you guys young? I live on Farmington Ave between downtown and West Hartford - decent place for real cheap and has a lot of young people here. I recommend anywhere between downtown and West Hartford - there's nothing to do in Vernon unless you're working near there, you'll always be on the other side of the river.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I grew up in West Hartford. There aren't really that many new apartment complexes. For apartments around the center you can expect to pay around 1400 for a one bedroom or 2K+ for a 2BR in that area and that's just off the center and they're not new, but they're fine. Don't know what your budget is like but that area can be pricey. If you go further from the center it gets cheaper but nothing is new. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with them, but they aren't new construction.

When I finished college I moved to a complex in Newington. You can get a 2BR for like 1200 and West Hartford Center is like 10 min.

Reaction Score
You should check out Glastonbury. It's like WeHa Jr but way more laid back and a bit cheaper. Plus real WeHa is like 15 min away.

Reaction Score
For the nicest and newest building in the heart of West Hartford Center, you should check out 24 N Main (www.24nmain.com). Although pricey, it is the nicest apartment product your can find within 2 minute walk to everything in the center. You could probably get away with splitting a 2bd unit with your Roomate. Good luck!

Reaction Score
I live in weha! If you see a green car with godzila license plate that's me! I have nothing to add in terms of apartments as I own and have no clue where to rent. There seems to be apts on trout brook right past bofa.

Reaction Score
For the nicest and newest building in the heart of West Hartford Center, you should check out 24 N Main (www.24nmain.com). Although pricey, it is the nicest apartment product your can find within 2 minute walk to everything in the center. You could probably get away with splitting a 2bd unit with your Roomate. Good luck!
For those prices there better be a 3rd roommate included. Someone of the Kate Upton ilk.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I would check out the west end of Hartford, near the UConn law school. Nothing new, but lots of really nice, grand old houses with various parts for rent (e.g., second floor, third floor, "garden level"). Go to the law school and look for postings on bulletin boards. Students will be graduating and they'll be looking for rents again soon. Very reasonably priced, nice and spacious.

Reaction Score
Anything walking distance to WeHa Center is vastly overpriced or overrated. You can go a little ways down Farmington Ave towards the West End and it's the same apartment at less rent, or head into Elmwood/Newington and Uber back from the bar scene. Both areas I mentioned have a good blossoming restaurant scene that are off the bubble of the center - Corner Pug, East West Grille, Hot Basil, Hartford Baking Co., Pho Boston, Sliders, AC Petersons, Park Tavern, Plan B.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll have to do some research when I get home today.

FWIW, I don't need to be in walking distance of West Hartford center or anything, I just don't want it to be a half hour uber ride every time I go out. So the West Hartford area more so than WeHa itself. And we're 22 years old for whoever asked that.

Reaction Score
I rent a house off Park in West Hartford with two old college roommates. I think it's a great area to live if you don't want to pay for living close to the center. We can still (and do) walk to the bars if need be. It's a 5$ uber ride otherwise. Commute into downtown is a quick 5-10 minutes. Got plenty of shops, food (Plan B, Tavern on Park, AC Petersons) across the road. I'd recommend looking into renting a house/duplex around Park Ave for sure.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll have to do some research when I get home today.

FWIW, I don't need to be in walking distance of West Hartford center or anything, I just don't want it to be a half hour uber ride every time I go out. So the West Hartford area more so than WeHa itself. And we're 22 years old for whoever asked that.
I had my first apartment after UConn in Vernon... About the only good things were that it was cheap and a short drive to UConn.

Reaction Score
Talcott Notch or Talcott Forest are both pretty nice. They are right across from the health center, and you can probably find some renovated ones. They are right down the road from the reservoir, which is less than 5 minutes from WeHa Center

Reaction Score
Go to the law school and look for postings on bulletin boards. Students will be graduating and they'll be looking for rents again soon. Very reasonably priced, nice and spacious.

This. The best living quarters in the area are in the multi-family houses between the law school and West Hartford center. We had a great place on Bretton Rd. when I was there.

Reaction Score
I grew up in Vernon. Nice place to be a little kid or a parent. Doesn't offer much for those of us in the middle. Wood n Tap is nice. They completely redid the bowling alley which is okay.

Reaction Score
They're building new apartments in the center, near St. Joseph's and in Bishop's Corner. Plus there are tons of places along ands just off Farmington. The question is what is your budget

Reaction Score
How much money do kids make right out of school these days? I am in the constructions and real estate business and don't really have any idea what a recent college grad makes working at an insurance company or whatever. I would guess 30-50k depending on degree, school and connections, with most making 30-38k.

I'd think rent under $800 per guy is what most require. Am I way off?

Reaction Score
I live in weha! If you see a green car with godzila license plate that's me! I have nothing to add in terms of apartments as I own and have no clue where to rent. There seems to be apts on trout brook right past bofa.
Ill be on the lookout for that car and will be sure to yell out jojipoji. Irrelevent but I also grew up in West Hartford and currently live there when im not living on campus

Reaction Score
As 8893 said you'll want to be in the West end. West Hartford thinks its part of Fairfield County

Reaction Score
I rent a house off Park in West Hartford with two old college roommates. I think it's a great area to live if you don't want to pay for living close to the center. We can still (and do) walk to the bars if need be. It's a 5$ uber ride otherwise. Commute into downtown is a quick 5-10 minutes. Got plenty of shops, food (Plan B, Tavern on Park, AC Petersons) across the road. I'd recommend looking into renting a house/duplex around Park Ave for sure.
Same here. 2 bedroom close to Joeys Pizza. Live on Park Road. Best bet is checking craigslist for 2-3 family houses. Best rent close to the center. I pay 1300 for 1200 square feet and 2 bedrooms.

Reaction Score
Ill be on the lookout for that car and will be sure to yell out jojipoji. Irrelevent but I also grew up in West Hartford and currently live there when im not living on campus

Hard to miss haha. Lime green and loud as heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom