AP Week 10 Rankings | The Boneyard

AP Week 10 Rankings

Reaction Score
For all the talk when we rejoined the Big East, not one other team in the top 25. DePaul a long way from number 25.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
For all the talk when we rejoined the Big East, not one other team in the top 25. DePaul a long way from number 25.
And yet if they were in the AAC, most of the games would not be available to non SNY subscribers like it is with FOX sports app unless you pay for ESPN+. While USF would most likely be at the bottom of the Top 25 if in it at all.

Reaction Score
If you go by the votes, DePaul is tied at #30..... USF (American) is hanging out at #24.... in the AP for this week.

Reaction Score
The overall talent level and quality of basketball in Power Conferences is just head and shoulders better than all the other conferences. It is not debatable.

Reaction Score
A few reasons... Games where they couldn't throw it in the ocean. Games where they were three point happy. AND games where they flopped or ran over people and didn't get the blocking call. This team is a head scratcher. Clark is shooting 24% from 3 and yet there are games where she takes a dozen 3s. Not on my watch!

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
They've just been underwhelming. Clark's 3 ball has been off and overall chemistry doesn't appear to be very solid for whatever reason. They picked up a good win over Nebraska this weekend, we'll see if that rights the ship.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If you go by the votes, DePaul is tied at #30..... USF (American) is hanging out at #24.... in the AP for this week.
If the rankings were resume-based, DePaul would be ahead of, or at least on par with, several of the "ranked" teams. They have a decisive win on Kentucky's home floor, they lost close games to Arizona and Notre Dame, and their worst loss was at A&M, which was ranked all season until falling off a cliff in the last week or so.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And yet if they were in the AAC, most of the games would not be available to non SNY subscribers like it is with FOX sports app unless you pay for ESPN+. While USF would most likely be at the bottom of the Top 25 if in it at all.
I thought when we were in the AAC, the games that were televised by SNY were streamed on the ESPN app or ESPN3, without any additional costs. I don't remember watching any SNY games on ESPN+. But I could be wrong. For the majority of the time in the AAC, living out of market, I had DirecTV with SNY so I didn't know anything about streaming the games. But when the 2017-2018 season started, I had cut the cord and like I said, I believe I watched every SNY game via ESPN channel/app on my Roku.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We really should have won the Louisville game. Just the 3 pointer deviance from the norm skewed that game. We should be a top 3 team when Paige is healthy.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I thought when we were in the AAC, the games that were televised by SNY were streamed on the ESPN app or ESPN3, without any additional costs. I don't remember watching any SNY games on ESPN+. But I could be wrong. For the majority of the time in the AAC, living out of market, I had DirecTV with SNY so I didn't know anything about streaming the games. But when the 2017-2018 season started, I had cut the cord and like I said, I believe I watched every SNY game via ESPN channel/app on my Roku.
One of the main reason why UConn left was because of ESPN was going to be the main broadcast partner and all games that were not on the ESPN family of networks would be streamed on ESPN+. ESPN had the rights first then all games were not on ESPN could be purchased through them and the league with monies being split among all teams. UConn was going get a lot less revenue with the new AAC contract.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
One of the main reason why UConn left was because of ESPN was going to be the main broadcast partner and all games that were not on the ESPN family of networks would be streamed on ESPN+. ESPN had the rights first then all games were not on ESPN could be purchased through them and the league with monies being split among all teams. UConn was going get a lot less revenue with the new AAC contract.
Ah. I missed this information.

Reaction Score
If the rankings were resume-based, DePaul would be ahead of, or at least on par with, several of the "ranked" teams. They have a decisive win on Kentucky's home floor, they lost close games to Arizona and Notre Dame, and their worst loss was at A&M, which was ranked all season until falling off a cliff in the last week or so.
Yet, they are not highly ranked by the algorithms (which are supposedly resume-based.)

DePaul:
NET (45)
RPI (54)
Massey (31)
Nolan’s ELO (29)

So, are the humans far off base at 30?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yet, they are not highly ranked by the algorithms (which are supposedly resume-based.)

DePaul:
NET (45)
RPI (54)
Massey (31)
Nolan’s ELO (29)

So, are the humans far off base at 30?
Yet on at least Massey they are rated higher than USF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom