AP top 25? | The Boneyard

AP top 25?

Reaction Score
As of 11:30 a.m. on Monday, the AP rankings have not been updated from week 17. As I remember, they usually get updated Monday mornings.

Reaction Score
It’s out. ESPN just posted it along with Bracketology. UConn is paired with Baylor in Dallas according to Krispy Kreme. The Bracketology page goes to this:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
As of 11:30 a.m. on Monday, the AP rankings have not been updated from week 17. As I remember, they usually get updated Monday mornings.

The AP top 25 is released every Monday at 1 pm.

Reaction Score
Bracketology now has us in Baylor's region. Most of would least like to see Oregon, but who does everyone think is a better matchup for us, Baylor or SC?

Reaction Score
Thanks! I'll check back at 1:00 to see if the AP agrees with Kreme.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
SC or Baylor is a better matchup than Oregon IMO. I'm not sure UCONN (or anyone for that manner) can match Oregon's firepower with how well Satou is playing lately.

SC is young which often proves important in March. Baylor is good but has a knack for losing in regionals. I'd rather face these 2 if I'm UCONN.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
It's out now:

As a partisan of neither the SEC or the B1G, it's fascinating to me how much (IMHO) bias there is on the part of AP voters in favor the SEC and against the B1G. Some of the SEC teams are consistently overranked vis-a-vis B1G teams, esp. compared to their rankings in metrics like RPI and Massey.

Northwestern is also criminally underranked. I'll compare them to Stanford to show no home team bias: they have two fewer losses than Stanford, their losses are to better teams, and they have more Q1 wins. Other than hype and history, there is no objective basis for ranking Northwestern below Stanford, let alone also below UCLA, Miss. St., and NC St...

Reaction Score
Both NCAA and AP have UConn at #5. And NCAA has Princeton as #9. Hmmm...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Northwestern is also criminally underranked. I'll compare them to Stanford to show no home team bias: they have two fewer losses than Stanford, their losses are to better teams, and they have more Q1 wins. Other than hype and history, there is no objective basis for ranking Northwestern below Stanford, let alone also below UCLA, Miss. St., and NC St...

I had them at #7 in my BY Poll :cool:

Reaction Score
UConn will ABSOLUTELY end up with a #1 seed, have a little faith! SC, Baylor, and Oregon all win out, but Maryland and Louisville lose in their conference tournaments.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Both NCAA and AP have UConn at #5. And NCAA has Princeton as #9. Hmmm...
NCAA? Where are you seeing that?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UConn will ABSOLUTELY end up with a #1 seed, have a little faith! SC, Baylor, and Oregon all win out, but Maryland and Louisville lose in their conference tournaments.

people keep harping on this.... but who the _______ is gonna beat Louisville in Greensboro. Who ??

I wish people would be bold enough to put their money where their mouth is...... $cashapp$ & Paypal ready

Any of yall ready to put up money on VPI, FSU, State, Duke, ND, Miami?

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
people keep harking on this.... but who the _______ is gonna beat Louisville in Greensboro. Who ??

I wish people would be bold enough to put their money where their mouth is...... $cashapp$ & Paypal ready
I already told you. That team from northern Indiana :D

Muffet swore to herself after the infamous "SAY HER NAME" game that she would never again lose to Jeff Walz in Greensboro.

Reaction Score
people keep harping on this.... but who the _______ is gonna beat Louisville in Greensboro. Who ??

NC State or FSU.

Is that "bold enough" for you? Do you want me to name the date? The score?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NC State or FSU.

Is that "bold enough" for you? Do you want me to name the date? The score?

Sure. I assume you think FSU is getting by VPI, and State is getting by ND and Miami

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It's out now:

As a partisan of neither the SEC or the B1G, it's fascinating to me how much (IMHO) bias there is on the part of AP voters in favor the SEC and against the B1G. Some of the SEC teams are consistently overranked vis-a-vis B1G teams, esp. compared to their rankings in metrics like RPI and Massey.

It takes a while for conference perceptions to change - the SEC was consistently strong for so long and the fact that many of the SEC teams have fallen and not been offset by others gaining strength hasn't full sunk in. Meanwhile none of the B1G teams have really taken off Ohio State was the flag bearer but always disappointed come NCAAs, Maryland had its moments but mostly in the ACC days, Rutgers isn't the same since the BE days so no team has really waved the flag for the conference. When the last NCAA championship for the conference is 20 years ago - the last 'real' B1G FF team was MichSt in 2005 though Maryland made it in 2015 in their first year as a B1G team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For Triad--Duke is now #26, about 8 spots ahead of Tennessee.

Reaction Score
"an they can't possibly shoot any worse than they did in the 1st quarter the previous game."

Perhaps not the best comment to make. They make take it as a challenge.

Reaction Score

Louisville fan here. The way we are playing defense right now, nobody - assuming we shoot 40%+. This team is very efficient offensively. We don't get as many possessions as you might think, because our opponents are often forced to go deep into the shot clock on lots of their possessions.

But this team has had shooting slumps. If shooting percentage drops into the 33% range we are absolutely vulnerable.

Reaction Score
Louisville fan here. The way we are playing defense right now, nobody - assuming we shoot 40%+. This team is very efficient offensively. We don't get as many possessions as you might think, because our opponents are often forced to go deep into the shot clock on lots of their possessions.

But this team has had shooting slumps. If shooting percentage drops into the 33% range we are absolutely vulnerable.

Same story for UConn, when they shoot the ball well they are really tough to beat.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

No offense, but I will be rooting against yall this week :p Probably won't make a difference though.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom