Reaction Score
Duke entering the the poll like.. .... wassup

giphy.gif

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Duke entering the the poll like.. .... wassup

giphy.gif
Honestly, Duke earned this with their last 3 wins over good teams-Virginia, at NC State and at home vs. Louisville. Heck they even impressed me with their chemistry! Looks like it is clicking. Can they keep it up when all the teams get healthy? My guess is they can and could finish in the top 4 and even beat their nemesis NC! I am now a buyer of Duke's mayo....:D

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Only 2 SEC teams in the top 25 but 3 BE teams on the list!
Duly noted but also, the bottom of the SEC is still fairly good whereas the bottom of the Big East is abysmal (Butler, Xavier, PC and Georgetown)....

Oh No Facepalm GIF by Aminé

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot -- what's Duke doing at #19... er, I mean... uh... Go Celeste!
Watch your tongue! Anti-Dukie talk is triggering, you beast!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Honestly, Duke earned this with their last 3 wins over good teams-Virginia, at NC State and at home vs. Louisville. Heck they even impressed me with their chemistry! Looks like it is clicking. Can they keep it up when all the teams get healthy? My guess is they can and could finish in the top 4 and even beat their nemesis NC! I am now a buyer of Duke's mayo....:D

I missed that Duke had beaten Louisville. Good for them!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hopefully, this is not off-topic, but do folks here think that the #3 or #4 team could beat the #1 or #2 team? I think ND could be dangerous on a good day.

Reaction Score
Duly noted but also, the bottom of the SEC is still fairly good whereas the bottom of the Big East is abysmal (Butler, Xavier, PC and Georgetown)....

Oh No Facepalm GIF by Aminé
1 step at a time.... We've got 7 pretty good teams right now in the BE for the first time since the beak up.

sun

Reaction Score
The AP missed the boat by not ranking Tennessee this week.
They beat Alabama (NET #20) by 13 points, 89-76, and also Miami by 10 points.
Tennessee still has a high powered offense and lost to Stanford by only 7 points & VA Tech by 3 points.
It's a joke that Creighton is ranked ahead of Tennessee this week by only receiving 2 points from the AP pollsters.
Tennessee's NET rank is #14 while Creighton's NET rank is #27.
Look out, Tennessee will want to prove something.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
The AP missed the boat by not ranking Tennessee this week.
They beat Alabama (NET #20) by 13 points, 89-76, and also Miami by 10 points.
Tennessee still has a high powered offense and lost to Stanford by only 7 points & VA Tech by 3 points.
It's a joke that Creighton is ranked ahead of Tennessee this week by only receiving 2 points from the AP pollsters.
Tennessee's NET rank is #14 while Creighton's NET rank is #27.
Look out, Tennessee will want to prove something.
Wait, what? Tennessee is 10-6 and just because you played a hard schedule doesn't warrant a ranking as you actually have to WIN some of those games, to which Tennessee is 0-6 in games against ranked opponents. So NO, they do not warrant a ranking and YES they have A LOT to prove!
jeesh....some people. :confused:

sun

Reaction Score
Wait, what? Tennessee is 10-6 and just because you played a hard schedule doesn't warrant a ranking as you actually have to WIN some of those games, to which Tennessee is 0-6 in games against ranked opponents. So NO, they do not warrant a ranking and YES they have A LOT to prove!
jeesh....some people. :confused:
None of the teams that Creighton beat are currently ranked.
And Tennessee lost by less points to Stanford than Creighton.
Rickea Jackson missed 2 games yet she's still their highest scorer with 17.4 ppg & a .571 FG%.
Watch out for Jackson, she has started to come into her own as a Lady Vol.

Last edited:

sun

Reaction Score
Tennessee was able to score 70 points against Stanford while Creighton only scored 59 points against them.
And Creighton also lost to #25 ranked St. John's.
I don't expect Creighton to continue being ranked in the AP top 25.

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Tennessee was able to score 70 points against Stanford while Creighton only scored 59 points against them.
And Creighton also lost to #25 ranked St. John's.
I don't expect Creighton to continue being ranked in the AP top 25.
You might be right, but Creighton played a tougher schedule than TN and has a better record.

sun

Reaction Score
You might be right, but Creighton played a tougher schedule than TN and has a better record.
Tennessee's schedule so far included the currently ranked teams below with many more to come.
Ohio State
Indiana
UCLA
Gonzaga
Virginia Tech.
Stanford

Tennessee should become ranked before too long if they keep playing SEC teams the way they've started out @ 2-0.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I like how UT Sports says "in her illustrious career", what, exactly has been "illustrious" about her career up to this point? Zero SEC 1st Team honors, quit MSU in the middle of the season last year, was suspended 3 times (twice at MSU) and has not shown the best sportsmanship on the court. I would say "in her infamous career"....

On the bright side, Tennessee has a slew of cupcakes in the SEC scheduling roundup- MSU, Vandy, Texas A&M, Georgia, Florida (again) and Missouri before playing UConn and LSU back to back.

They have one of the easier SEC schedules as they only play LSU, SC and Arkansas once. They could possibly go 0-10 or 0-11 against ranked teams this year! Be proud Lady Vols, Be proud!
Evil Laugh Omg GIF by SWR3

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I think a 12-6 conference record might be good enough to finish in the top 4. Brutal conference road ahead and we could lose to just about any team with the exception of Wake and Pitt. Now watch us get upset Thursday night in Winston Salem :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom