AP Top 25 and ESPN Power Rankings Week 7 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25 and ESPN Power Rankings Week 7

Reaction Score
LSU moved into the Top 10 Power Rankings after finally playing a(n unranked) P5 school - Oregon State.
Yeah, Oregon State (7-4) isn't even in the Top 50, but ESPN declared LSU's Power 5 win deserves a top ten ranking.
Voepel claims that LSU will be tested during their SEC schedule, but the only top 20 SEC teams are South Carolina & Arkansas.
Mulkey should be criticized for her cupcake schedule, but instead she is rewarded.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
LSU who hasn't beaten or played a team that is in the Top 50 of Massey ratings. While UCLA has played 5 with only a loss to top rated South Carolina in Columbia, SC 73 - 64. What the heck are these people smoking and I want some it!!!

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
LSU who hasn't beaten or played a team that is in the Top 50 of Massey ratings. While UCLA has played 5 with an only loss was to top rated South Carolina in Columbia, SC 73 - 64. What the heck are these people smoking and I want some it!!!

Naw... you don't want what they are smoking :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused:

crack.jpg

Reaction Score
LSU who hasn't beaten or played a team that is in the Top 50 of Massey ratings. While UCLA has played 5 with an only loss was to top rated South Carolina in Columbia, SC 73 - 64. What the heck are these people smoking and I want some it!!!
Massey had LSU at #20 last week because of their weak schedule. But they just moved LSU into the top 10 because they beat #230 Lamar & #56 Oregon State. I don't get it!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
LSU is #2 in the NET :confused:
How can they be #2 in the NET considering their opposition so far this season? The next Creme bracketology will have them as a 2 seed the way things are going.

Reaction Score
Guess that Utah and UConn swapped positions in Net so Utah is now 5 and UConn 6 doesn’t mean anything either.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
They are all popularity contests in one way or another. Human voting is 100% subjective and algorithms can be weighted.

Reaction Score
I think if their current production holds, Tennessee will be in the mix in the SEC. They played pretty well against the Trees yesterday.

Reaction Score
Typical Mulkey schedule. Cupcakes and more cupcakes.
mulkey said the schedule was made before they knew Reese was transferring in. So in a backhanded way she admitted she purposely scheduled nothing but cupcakes... like she has been doing for years, even when she had a powerhouse Baylor team

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
RPI makes much more sense.
UConn #1
LSU #25

The computers love Duke. RPI #10, NET #10, Massey #17 ... yet we ain't sniffing the AP poll, and it was just last week that we made any moves up the Also Receiving Votes group among the Coaches Poll.

We are making moves in the BY Poll ... but let's see how thing week's results turn out.

Reaction Score
ESPN rankings along with Charlie Crème, and reporters/analysts Monica McNutt, Voeppel, Alexa Philippou, announcers and reporters are extremely BIASED against UCONN. How do you account for LSU, Arkansas, Baylor, Iowa, Maryland, UCLA, etc., continually playing teams with SOS over 200 and moving up ESPN rankings when UCONN has played the strongest SOS and only losing 2 games because of playing without all of the injured players. The real answer is that ESPN is an absolutely a monopoly due to all the conferences they have under contract and the hey annd only they decide what teams appear on TV, and that UCONN plays in the Big East not under contract to ESPN.

Reaction Score
ESPN rankings along with Charlie Crème, and reporters/analysts Monica McNutt, Voeppel, Alexa Philippou, announcers and reporters are extremely BIASED against UCONN. How do you account for LSU, Arkansas, Baylor, Iowa, Maryland, UCLA, etc., continually playing teams with SOS over 200 and moving up ESPN rankings when UCONN has played the strongest SOS and only losing 2 games because of playing without all of the injured players. The real answer is that ESPN is an absolutely a monopoly due to all the conferences they have under contract and the hey annd only they decide what teams appear on TV, and that UCONN plays in the Big East not under contract to ESPN.
Common refrain from all fan bases:” ESPN hates us.”

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Coaches Poll

Apparently the coaches are smoking that crack cocaine as well. Someone explain how Duke can go down to FGCU, kick in the front door, ransack the house, and eat all of the food in the refrigerator, yet still be ranked behind them? Don't get me started on UVA being ranked even though their schedule has been softer than the poop my neighbors dog left in my yard a few months ago.

20221214_113014.jpg

Reaction Score
The NET rankings are calculated the same for both men & women.
" In May 2020, the NCAA announced there will be changes made to the NCAA Evaluation Tool to increase accuracy and simplify it by reducing a five-component metric to just two."

How can you make an evaluation more accurate by reducing from five to two components???????

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom