OT - AP suspeneded for remainder of season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - AP suspeneded for remainder of season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
NFL executive vice president Troy Vincent told USA Today Sports that he was the person who told Peterson that he would get credit for his time on the exempt list. But because Peterson refused to attend a meeting with the league last Friday, that promise couldn't be kept.
"But Adrian, you've got to come talk," Vincent said to Peterson, he told USA Today Sports. "You, your team, your counselors, whoever. Just come and tell us where you are."

Vincent didnt say that upfront - the NFL just makes stuff up as it goes along - its crazy on how they operate. He was told months ago he would get credit - not you will get credit if show up for a meeting...

According to the enhanced policy, first offenses of assault, battery or domestic violence bring a six-game suspension.
But the union is arguing that the new policy was enacted after the incident had already occurred and shouldn't be retroactively applied to Peterson's conduct in May 2014.
The union claims the "NFL is making up the process and punishment as it goes -- a blatant violation of the CBA.''

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if he played another game for the Vikings.

My guess is he will be in Dallas for the opener next season.

What a giant fall from grace for AP. I just moved back to the East Coast from Minneapolis and he literally was the face of that franchise. Visible in the community and highly thought of even with his personal life issues of children born out of wedlock and the son who was killed last year.

On a personal note, now I have 2 Peterson and 1 Percy Harvin jerseys in my closet that aren't worth a dime...

Reaction Score
UConn76 said:
What a giant fall from grace for AP. I just moved back to the East Coast from Minneapolis and he literally was the face of that franchise. Visible in the community and highly thought of even with his personal life issues of children born out of wedlock and the son who was killed last year.

On a personal note, now I have 2 Peterson and 1 Percy Harvin jerseys in my closet that aren't worth a dime...

Reminds me of the time I bought a Mark Chmura jersey and the week after he was accused of raping his babysitter.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the time I bought a Mark Chmura jersey and the week after he was accused of raping his babysitter.

Guess it's time to buy a Vikings jersey with my name on it...At least I'll never get traded...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Guess it's time to buy a Vikings jersey with my name on it...At least I'll never get traded...

Only way to go - all others become obsolete...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom