AP Ranking updated thru 20 November | The Boneyard

AP Ranking updated thru 20 November

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
No surprise, UCLA moved up - to #5

Slight surprise that MD did not budge after losing by 25, but I'll take that as an enormous measure of respect for UConn.

When's the last time a ranked team dropped a game by 25 points and did not drop a spot?

[edit]
I see Oregon State lost to ND and did not drop, but that was a 5 point loss.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No surprise, UCLA moved up - to #5

Slight surprise that MD did not budge after losing by 25, but I'll take that as an enormous measure of respect for UConn.

When's the last time a ranked team dropped a game by 25 points and did not drop a spot?

[edit]
I see Oregon State lost to ND and did not drop, but that was a 5 point loss.
Maryland benefited from the fact that a team ahead of them (Duke) and the team immediately behind them (Marquette) suffered bad losses.

Florida State vaulted from #17 to #13 on the strength of wins over a weak Florida team and Grambling? When was the last time that happened?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Based on who Louisville has beaten I'd Ranked then #2. They've beaten #5 OSU, #24 Michigan and #10 Oregon

Reaction Score
I agree with the teams listed in the top seven, and their respective positions for the most part. It will be interesting to see if Mississippi State moves up the list. They are looking very good to my eye so far. Their starting lineup (McCowan, Schaefer, Vivians, William, Johnson) are all upperclassmen and a matchup nightmare for any team. Plus they have a freshman from Australia (Bibby) who has been on fire in the sixth-man role.

They had some bad losses during the regular season last year, most of which I put down to a certain vibe of immaturity coming from Vivians. None of that is on display now. Unfortunately they're not scheduled to play much if any top ten competition other than South Carolina. Ultimately, that may end up being their undoing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Based on who Louisville has beaten I'd Ranked then #2. They've beaten #5 OSU, #24 Michigan and #10 Oregon
I was more impressed by the Oregon win than the OSU win. I have trouble seeing Louisville as #5, let alone #2, but we'll see. I think UCLA is better than them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom