AP Preseason All-America Team | The Boneyard

AP Preseason All-America Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Others receiving votes does not include Moriah.

Doug Feinberg @DougFeinberg · 13m 13 minutes ago
Others receiving votes: Jillian Alleyne, Oregon; Rachel Banham, Minnesota; Nina Davis, Baylor; Nneka Enemkpali, Texas; Reshanda Gray, Cal

Doug Feinberg @DougFeinberg · 14m 14 minutes ago
... Isabelle Harrison, Tennessee; Bria Holmes, West Virginia; Brittany Hrynko, DePaul; Amber Orrange, Stanford; Courtney Walker, Texas A&M

and Aleighsa Welch, South Carolina; Kayla Woodward, Wyoming.

Reaction Score
Others receiving votes does not include Moriah.

Doug Feinberg @DougFeinberg · 13m 13 minutes ago
Others receiving votes: Jillian Alleyne, Oregon; Rachel Banham, Minnesota; Nina Davis, Baylor; Nneka Enemkpali, Texas; Reshanda Gray, Cal

... Isabelle Harrison, Tennessee; Bria Holmes, West Virginia; Brittany Hrynko, DePaul; Amber Orrange, Stanford; Courtney Walker, Texas A&M

and Aleighsa Welch, South Carolina; Kayla Woodward, Wyoming.
No Moriah? Really?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'll be happy as long as Moriah makes the WBCA AA team. I would love for the name of all five starters from that transcendent 2013-2014 team to be on the Huskies of Honor Wall. Bria and Stef are already on it, KML and Stewie have secured their spots, and it's all about Moriah being considered one of the 10 best players in the country this season.

As for Kaleena, I thought she deserved AP AA honors in 2012-13, and it'd be wonderful if she made that cut in 2015.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Jefferson is great but the two guards they picked are both returning All-Americans. Hard to overturn that. Jefferson will be A-A at the end of the season. 1st team or 2nd team is the only question.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It's early, but quote of the year so far from Kaleena in John Altavilla's story:

Her junior season was disrupted by injury and illness. She missed eight games last November and December with a right elbow nerve contusion and four more in February with mononucleosis. The long convalescences seemed to take something out of her.

“I had my best season as a sophomore,” Mosqueda-Lewis said. And even though I wasn’t in the best shape I could have been last year, I bounced back in the postseason and helped my team win. Numbers don’t lie. I don’t think my performance was altered or impacted by how I looked. If some people think so, well, my team won.”

So there.

http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-81874374/

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

"It's great to hear because it's a position you want to be in," said Stewart, who averaged 19.4 points and 8.1 rebounds last season. "I'm in the position I want to be in, but I have to play really, really well to be there in the end."

That's what happens when you hang around Geno for a couple years. One really is no longer enough.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Williams selection truly offends. She has underperformed for 3 years and unless she has transformed herself this past summer, she will chalk up another lackluster season. Guess she is the ACC designee in this group.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ND is also in the ACC, so Jewel Loyd is also an ACC Member.

Two from AAC & ACC and one from SEC.

The Williams selection truly offends. She has underperformed for 3 years and unless she has transformed herself this past summer, she will chalk up another lackluster season. Guess she is the ACC designee in this group.

Reaction Score
It's OK. Mo's got something after just her sophomore year that none of them ever will: multiple national championships. I'd much rather have the hardware than the "special visitors" and Jewelly-oops which is all the ACC can claim.

HGN

Reaction Score
MoJeff has ALL the incentive she needs now to destroy the competition. To not be named on any AA list while the starting guard on the defending NC CAN BE SEEN AS AN INSULT IN HER EYES. She may use this snub as Motivation. I half hope she does.

Competition look out. There could be a mad MoJet on the lose. :)

Reaction Score
Not even "others recieving votes" for Moriah. What a joke. No way there is even five better players than she is.
Easy way for AP to show it's incompetence. So what if some of the others were AAs last year. MoJett is better.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If given truth serum and anonymity, how many DI coaches do you suppose would choose Kiah Stokes over Elizabeth Williams?

To be honest, they're very similar. Great talents who haven't put it all together and shown their true potential yet. Williams has more of a pedigree so she's going to be more lauded, but both have a chance to make a big statement this year.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
To be honest, they're very similar. Great talents who haven't put it all together and shown their true potential yet. Williams has more of a pedigree so she's going to be more lauded, but both have a chance to make a big statement this year.

Stokes for her career averages 4.5 points per game and has started 3 games. Williams is a 3x AP All American, 3x ACC Defensive POY, and averages 14ppg for her career. Both are talented players who have a lot of potential, but even with all the flack she gets, Williams is a much more established, talented player than Stokes.

Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd: "The only person who knows how to guard me is my brother," Loyd said. "I think guarding me, it's tough because I'm not just a shooter or a driver; I switch it up at times. A lot of people haven't seen me pass, so that's another aspect of my game that's coming to life definitely more this year. I don't know. I wouldn't guard me. I would not want to get embarrassed by myself." Humility

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...ish-reload-another-shot-national-championship

That's why she shot 27% from the field in the NC game instead of her season average 52%. And the passing she mentions -she got 2 assists, so I guess that's something...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What does it say about point guards that Niya Johnson, who led the nation in assist to turnover ration last year is not on the list? It is hard to get recognized for efficiently running the offense but not scoring a lot of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom