AP preseason All America team released. Crystal just misses... | The Boneyard

AP preseason All America team released. Crystal just misses...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The March/April selections are more important. I'm sure Crystal feels dissed. Christyn got 1 vote. As we know, she plays better when she's angry.

It will be interesting to see how Mompremier develops. She left Baylor because she was stuck behind Kalani Brown. Will she be better than Kalani?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I assume that the reason why Crystal was considered to be the AA "candidate" for UConn is that she is the sole returning senior starter. However, I think it is entirely possible that Megan, Christyn, or ONO could prove to be UConn's "MVP" in the coming season. Most likely, it will be a year in which those four contribute approximately equally and none emerges as a "first among equals". So at the end of the year, even if the team is holding the trophy for the 12th time, it may still be the case that none of those four is individually an All American.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Surprised Mompremier was a top 4 vote getter. She's a good player no doubt, but I didn't expect her to be that far ahead of players like Hebard, Sabally, Dangerfield, Onyenwere or R. Howard.

Reaction Score
I believe by end of season, Sabally will be voted in as an AA.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Surprised Mompremier was a top 4 vote getter. She's a good player no doubt, but I didn't expect her to be that far ahead of players like Hebard, Sabally, Dangerfield, Onyenwere or R. Howard.

I'm not surprised. You got the preseason players of the year of the "Power 5" conferences.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom