Mark Berman: 20 (19)
Rick Bozich: 16 (17)
Chad Leistikow: 18 (16)
Dave Borges: 21 (19)
Jerry Carino: 20 (15)

Non-AP:
Reddit CBB: 20 (20)
Gary Parrish CBS: 19 (15)

If anyone is interested, here is a ballot tracker of where the voters have had us ranked Connecticut Huskies Basketball at College Poll Tracker

Obviously still safely in the top 25 even after the Creighton loss. It doesn't mean much anymore now that it's tournament time, but we started in the preseason top 25 and ended in the top 25. First time since 2014 we have accomplished that.

Reaction Score
I expect around 21.

Illinois will jump us, probably another. Some losses behind us prevents the floor from falling out.

More concerned about Bracketology at this point, where we're solidly a 5, but probably closer to a 6 than a 4.

Reaction Score
We'll be around 21 I think, not that it matters as much this week since it won't be shown. Can't hurt going into selection Sunday though, and 3 good opportunities to improve our seed this week

Reaction Score
17th in ESPN Power Rankings

UConn Huskies: UConn split its final two games, losing at Creighton by two and then handling DePaul at home, but the Huskies get edged out in the rankings by Arkansas and Illinois, which both picked up résumé-boosting wins this past week. UConn does have some huge chances in the Big East tournament, with Seton Hall and Villanova on its side of the bracket.

Reaction Score
We'll be around 21 I think, not that it matters as much this week since it won't be shown. Can't hurt going into selection Sunday though, and 3 good opportunities to improve our seed this week
For all the readers who, like me, had no idea what navery is talking about, I've cracked the code! He is referring to the spot on the screen during a TV broadcast where the ranking is normally shown. In the BET, our seed will be displayed there instead.

Or maybe everyone understood that, and I'm just a dummy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
top 25 and seeded 6 to 4?

of course, i have no idea what this song means, i just like the horns.
they look happy, something to do with being in a good bracket, i guess.

oh wait, now i do know what this song means - nothing. late nite navel gazing, like so many others. kinda like ncaa polls.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For all the readers who, like me, had no idea what navery is talking about, I've cracked the code! He is referring to the spot on the screen during a TV broadcast where the ranking is normally shown. In the BET, our seed will be displayed there instead.

Or maybe everyone understood that, and I'm just a dummy.
Lol that is what I was referring to, it made sense in my head but not re-reading it

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and now a word from my hero. he plays a mean bass fiddle.
'waiting for the break of tourney seeding...'

i'll see my way out now, no need to get up and chase me. i know when im not wanted, usually.

Reaction Score
so not as good as our projected seeding where lunardi has us as the strongest 5 seed on the S-curve which would correspond to #17

zags > baylor > zona > kansas >
< wisconsin < duke < auburn < kentucky
texas tech > tennesee > purdue > nova >
< arkansas < ucla < pc < illinois
UConn > bama > texas > houston

we need to stay as one of the top 2 5's so we play an AQ rather than the winner of a play-in game e.g. rutgers or michigan.

Reaction Score
so not as good as our projected seeding where lunardi has us as the strongest 5 seed on the S-curve which would correspond to #17

zags > baylor > zona > kansas >
< wisconsin < duke < auburn < kentucky
texas tech > tennesee > purdue > nova >
< arkansas < ucla < pc < illinois
UConn > bama > texas > houston

we need to stay as one of the top 2 5's so we play an AQ rather than the winner of a play-in game e.g. rutgers or michigan.
Even if they started out just following the top 25 teams are gonna get bumped up and down seed lines and between regions because of all the other factors like conference affiliation, who teams have already played 2/3 times, travel distance

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
#20 is fine. My goal was for UConn to consistently ranked. They've done that. It matters for how the program is perceived. Need to win one in BET and at least play Nova close.

Reaction Score
Even if they started out just following the top 25 teams are gonna get bumped up and down seed lines and between regions because of all the other factors like conference affiliation, who teams have already played 2/3 times, travel distance
of course, simply pointing out we need a fortuitous bump due to those factors beyond our control. anything to keep us out of the two 5/12 play-in matchups.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
17th in ESPN Power Rankings

UConn Huskies: UConn split its final two games, losing at Creighton by two and then handling DePaul at home, but the Huskies get edged out in the rankings by Arkansas and Illinois, which both picked up résumé-boosting wins this past week. UConn does have some huge chances in the Big East tournament, with Seton Hall and Villanova on its side of the bracket.

It bothers me when people use french accents where we don't pronounce it just to look worldly. Does ESPN want us to say "ray-zu-may"?

Reaction Score
It bothers me when people use french accents where we don't pronounce it just to look worldly. Does ESPN want us to say "ray-zu-may"?
"Résumé" is a list of qualifications and accomplishments. "Resume" is a verb meaning to start something that has been interrupted. The pronunciation of the former is the same whether or not the author includes the accent marks. The marks simply serve to disambiguate the word, even though context usually does a good enough job at this. All this is to say that, technically, he who writes "resume" when he means "résumé" is incorrect, although I am guessing modern style guides accept either spelling.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I was surprised to see it is none other than Dickie V who has us ranked the highest in this poll at #13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom