AP Poll: UConn out of the 25, but still received some votes | The Boneyard

AP Poll: UConn out of the 25, but still received some votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
UMass still moving up as others lose. They may end up close to the top 10 at some point this season.

Reaction Score
I also find Kansas State's ranking at #25 weird.

Losses to Northern Colorado State, UNC-Charlotte, and a loss to G'town by 28 points.

They beat Oklahoma St. and now they are ranked?

Come'on!

Reaction Score

Losses to Northern Colorado State, UNC-Charlotte, and a loss to G'town by 28 points.

Come'on!

They also have victories over George Washington , Gonzaga , and Mississippi. With OK St that's 3 wins vs rpi top 25

Reaction Score

Come'on!
I agree with that statement....really if you are in the mix come mid-February, that is what matters. Not all teams can wait to reach their full potential in March like 2011, but it does take time. Some teams are great from the start. One thing is for certain....now is the time to start putting it together. Remember the second year Butler made it to the finals, everybody had them down and out. They said they could not do it with out Haywood, or whatever his name was. but some things are a work in progress...We won 20 games last year with the same squad, they'll get 24/25 wins, I was hoping for about 29/30 before the Ncaa's, but that may have been a little unrealistic.

Reaction Score
We only have 3 losses. Team doesn't need the spotlight. It ain't the end of the world. We are a dougnut, but so was Kemba's team to a certain extent (sorry Chuck).

The main thing is that we are in a mini funk right now. When they play out of it, watch out! Season is far from over, team just need some confidence and some major fan love on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
We only have 3 losses. Team doesn't need the spotlight. It ain't the end of the world. We are a dougnut, but so was Kemba's team to a certain extent (sorry Chuck).

The main thing is that we are in a mini funk right now. When they play out of it, watch out! Season is far from over, team just need some confidence and some major fan love on Wednesday.
Agreed, the best remedy for them is a home game at Gampel, and that's where they will be playing their next three home games.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
How is Memphis still ranked and Cincinnati isn't?

The media is obsessed with their awesome 5* recruits and 18K crowds rather than their mediocre coach who has 1 career win over a ranked team which was Ok. State when Marcus Smart was sick and puking on the sideline. They have started ranked in the top 15 the past 3 years and by January they were out of the polls. Like clockwork with those folks.

U

UCONNfan1

I'm sort of surprised we are receiving votes, to be honest, but what do I know? I also think we lose to Harvard so those votes will probably disappear come next week. I was one of those who thought a sweet 16 appearance would make for a really good year. Now i'm adjusting my hopes in that I hope we just make the big dance. No matter what our overall record is, a losing record in the AAC will pretty much be a death sentence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom