AP Poll: UConn is 13th | The Boneyard

AP Poll: UConn is 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm ok with UConn at 13, but feel like some of those ahead of us shouldn't be there. Like there should be a void in slots 5-10. In other news, what the UMass?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Seems about fair to me. I thought maybe 14. But that's just a generic feeling, not a scientific number based on what every one else in MCBB has done the past week. The good thing about this team is that they are figuring out how to win even when they aren't playing at their best. The bad thing is they've only had 1 game where they've played really well for the full 40 minutes. Lots of upside for this team. It's a great and fun team to roof for this season. Love seeing the improvements of Giffey this season, and Brimah has improved a lot since day 1. Bazz has been great and it seems like Daniels has his mojo back.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I feel like 13 is a very fair spot this week. If UConn can take care of business against Florida next week then a top 10 spot could be waiting.

That all being said, rankings in general, but especially this early in the season, are pretty much meaningless. The only purpose they serve is to provide the media and fans with a narrative. For the teams themselves it's all about beating the opponent in front of you, regardless of the number next to their name.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm ok with UConn at 13, but feel like some of those ahead of us shouldn't be there. Like there should be a void in slots 5-10. In other news, what the UMass?

13 feels about right. They haven't been impressive enough in those wins to warrant anything higher.

As for UMass, don't like them, but damn. Beat the BC team we struggled against handily. Beat Nebraska from the Big 12, Clemson from the ACC, LSU from the SEC and 19th ranked New Mexico. Margins were generally impressive as well. Nebraska, Clemson and LSU are all pretty solid. UMass is pretty darned good it seems.

Reaction Score
I think 10-15 is about where we should be right now. I feel like we just need to fix a couple of small things and we are a top 10 team. It would be nice to get games against BC and UMass every year.

Reaction Score
I know it's very early and the rankings mean zero right now but what an absolute joke; Syracuse moved up to #8 after squeaking by that CBB powerhouse known as Saint Francis New York. Who, btw, is ranked 340th in CBB for points per game.

Reaction Score
Hope the Gators are still ranked when we play them, they have a game with FSU, and could lose that one.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
But BUT BUT BUT DANIEL HAMILTON DIDN'T SIGN WHY DOES HE CARE ABOUT UCONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom