AO Article On CBS Sports | The Boneyard

AO Article On CBS Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Goodman is obsessed with trashing Uconn. It's unbelievable.

Reaction Score
What a bunch of Stop from AO. Dude said he's not bashing UConn but does it endlessly in the article. Get over it bro, you sucked last year and that's why you rode 'in pine.

Reaction Score
Can all the people defending AO now be quiet? Kid thrashes our program and doesn't take any blame, blames in a HOF coach. I hope he tears his ACL next game and can never play again. I hope Shabazz and Ryan see that he thinks Pressey is the best PG in the nation and use that as motivation.

caw

Reaction Score
Can all the people defending AO now be quiet? Kid thrashes our program and doesn't take any blame, blames in a HOF coach. I hope he tears his ACL next game and can never play again. I hope Shabazz and Ryan see that he thinks Pressey is the best PG in the nation and use that as motivation.

I never wish injury on a player, but Alex just comes off as a whiny kid.

The fact he thought he didn't have to work hard to earn time as a junior is his fault and beyond stupid.

Also, UConn ran a ton of plays for Alex, I can remember him dropping passes, getting stripped of the ball and committing a number of charges on his post ups. On the occasions those things didn't happen, he just missed his turnaround fade away jumper (dumb ass shot for a big man).

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I'm sure getting benched was no fun, but Jim Calhoun had a track record of getting the most out of players. If it didn't work with AO that's on him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kid thrashes our program and doesn't take any blame, blames in a HOF coach. I hope he tears his ACL next game and can never play again..

Nice. But it just shows you that AO did learn a few things from JC. JC never took blame for anything either.

Reaction Score
I love AO's theory that Calhoun benched him last year to guarantee that he wouldn't leave early for the NBA. That makes him look so incredibly clueless. I'm surprised his boy Goodman didn't realize that.

Reaction Score
I never wish injury on a player, but Alex just comes off as a whiny kid.

The fact he thought he didn't have to work hard to earn time as a junior is his fault and beyond stupid.

Also, UConn ran a ton of plays for Alex, I can remember him dropping passes, getting stripped of the ball and committing a number of charges on his post ups. On the occasions those things didn't happen, he just missed his turnaround fade away jumper (dumb ass shot for a big man).[/quote]

Pretty much, the same way KO is trying to get Tyler going by feeding him at the beginning of games, JC did the same thing for AO. How many times did the team get off to slow starts trying to feed AO only to see him fumble passes or throw up crabfisted hook shots at the rim?

Reaction Score
Nothing we don't already know, just further evidence that a clueless, spoiled kid. Winning a national title gives you a free pass for the final two seasons of your career? And what is this "never ran a play for me" Stop? How many times did he get a post-touch on the block to throw up some awful, awkward jump hook that rarely went in?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Nothing we don't already know, just further evidence that a clueless, spoiled kid. Winning a national title gives you a free pass for the final two seasons of your career? And what is this "never ran a play for me" bull****? How many times did he get a post-touch on the block to throw up some awful, awkward jump hook that rarely went in?

It was a regular thing where the very first possession of every game would be a play designed for him. If more of those had worked out they might have kept passing to him.

Reaction Score
All AO needs to do now is ask his dad how to spell words incorrectly and how to use fragments.

caw

Reaction Score
BTW, I would argue AO is actually playing slightly worse than his sophomore year. Even though he has a pass first PG getting him 8 points a game.

Compared to his sophomore year he is up +2.2 PPG, +.1 RPG, -.1 APG, -.3 BPG, -.1 SPG, +.2TOPG, -3.2FG%, +6.2FT%. He is playing 2 minutes less.

I fail to see the improved FG% you would expect from having a fantastic PG giving you 8 points per game. I do see many more FT's and a slightly higher percentage.

He hasn't even entered the conference (aka hard) part of the schedule.

Particularly interesting is noting his RPG against the three crap teams they started the season against and his RPG of the last three games.

Reaction Score
I love AO's theory that Calhoun benched him last year to guarantee that he wouldn't leave early for the NBA. That makes him look so incredibly clueless. I'm surprised his boy Goodman didn't realize that.

Are you telling me you didn't see AO's name all over the DraftExpress boards leading into last season? ;)

Reaction Score
we need a recruit to take on #34 ASAP, only jersey I have in my collection, can't even wear it to the game on Tuesday

caw

Reaction Score
In hindsight, I would like to thank Mr. Oriakhi and Goodman for distracting me from the craptastic conference realignment.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This kid is such a piece of , honestly.

The quotes just show how out of touch with reality he was, and continues to be.

-"He's a Hall of Fame coach and I'm not taking anything away from him, but what he did was wrong in my opinion," Oriakhi said. " In my three years, I never, ever talked back to him. I kept quiet and did exactly what he told me. I got good grades, played hard and never got in trouble."
Never talked back to Calhoun? Just trash-talked him on twitter and behind his back?
Played hard? I remember him sulking after fumbling away a rebound or getting stripped. Or complaining to the refs after a call didn't go his way.

"I don't care about minutes," he said. "I just want to win. That's what made it so difficult last season. We weren't winning."
"If you helped win a national title and then were on the bench, how would you feel?"
Contradicting yourself much? Don't care about minutes, but complain that you were on the bench? YEAH that makes sense.

-"But at UConn, they never ran a play for me. The only way I was getting a shot was to get an offensive rebound."
Again, we made countless efforts to get AO the ball last year; they were all wasted possessions. This really shows how clueless he is. And when was the last time he got an offensive rebound?

-"He (Pressey) always made everything easy for me," Oriakhi said. "It's easy, so easy. You can average eight points a game just off Phil's passes. He's the best point guard in the country."
-"What (calhoun) did last year was ridiculous," he added. "Especially to a junior. I figured I'd get a little leeway.
These two quotes show's Alex's true character. He wants everything handed to him. He wants EASY passes. He feels he was OWED the playing time.

-"Coach Calhoun tried to get me to stay, but my mind was made up. I was laughing at him in my head."
Cool, bro. That's respectful. Showing your true colors.

Glad the kid is gone... we didn't need to beg him to stay for another year just so that he could infect this year's team, even despite the post-season ban. I'd rather have TO in there playing and get out-rebounded by a few dozen.

This kid is in for a rude awakening when he doesn't get drafted after this year and probably won't find a home playing professional ball anywhere. Yet... he'll still manage to blame Calhoun for that somehow.

Trashing a Hall of Fame coach raises red flags with NBA scouts. His quotes are more indicative of his character anyway. He doesn't understand that nothing is given to him in the league, that he has to EARN everything he gets. That's why he doesn't belong.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'd love to see him get caught up in a drug scandal. I bet Jamal Coombs-McDaniel took the blame for him and his high school bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom