Anyone wonder why ESPN has been so quiet? | The Boneyard

Anyone wonder why ESPN has been so quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They must have more contacts in the ACC and Big East than MHver yes?

Just seems odd.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They must have more contacts in the ACC and Big East than MHver yes?

Just seems odd.
Because Fox just put a dagger in their underhanded backs.

Reaction Score
Well, ESPN doesn't report the types of stories that MHVer does. They report things when it's basically a done deal since they're an actual news organization as opposed to him, basically a tabloid.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
And immediately after this thread is posted, Andy Katz files a story on Cincinnati! What are the odds, Conspiracy Kitteh?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
And immediately after this thread is posted, Andy Katz files a story on Cincinnati! What are the odds, Conspiracy Kitteh?
Yep!

Reaction Score
I'm thinking they are heavily involved in negotiations with the ACC to keep them together and discussing money regarding the addition of UConn, UL and or Cincy.

Maybe FSU is blowing smoke to make ESPN pony up more money.

Somebody at ESPN knows what's going behind the scenes, that you can be assured of.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Because Fox just put a dagger in their underhanded backs.

fox and espn are in this together somewhat. fow did work on espn with the b10, but espn has a high stake in the grant of rights the b12 has. so when the b12 mostly goes to the pac in a huge move, espn will get a stake in the pac which will even up the sparing. espn didn't want its winter programing to die, thats why it wanted the acc to live. now it will have no choice but to build the acc as a strong bball only time league so they can pump a good bball league inventory wise as the best bball schools that play fball will go to power 3 leagues and have networks and tiers to deal with from espns side of tv.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
fox and espn are in this together somewhat. fow did work on espn with the b10, but espn has a high stake in the grant of rights the b12 has. so when the b12 mostly goes to the pac in a huge move, espn will get a stake in the pac which will even up the sparing. espn didn't want its winter programing to die, thats why it wanted the acc to live. now it will have no choice but to build the acc as a strong bball only time league so they can pump a good bball league inventory wise as the best bball schools that play fball will go to power 3 leagues and have networks and tiers to deal with from espns side of tv.
They are in it together like an *sshole and its hemorrhoid are together.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I love this insane idea that ESPN knows something.

If anyone at ESPN knew something, it would have leaked. Just like it would have from anywhere else. This is existing at the president and ad levels, not the tv levels.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I work for ESPN and know nothing.
Wait, I thought we knew everything? At least, that's what I'm always told.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I love this insane idea that ESPN knows something.

If anyone at ESPN knew something, it would have leaked. Just like it would have from anywhere else. This is existing at the president and ad levels, not the tv levels.

Good point. TV has nothing to do with realignment.

Reaction Score
Good point. TV has nothing to do with realignment.

ZLS means that he doesn't know anything. Which is probably true. The thought that the executives at ESPN don't know exactly what at least the ACC and Big East knows is patently absurd.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't know if ESPN executives are moving chesspieces around. I think they're more like the rich absentee husband who is enabling his trophy wife's credit card spending sprees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom