Anyone watching the Georgetown Syracuse game on ESPN? | The Boneyard

Anyone watching the Georgetown Syracuse game on ESPN?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Syracuse is leading by nine with about 10 minutes to go but Georgetown has been on a bit of a run. We crush either one of these teams.

(Still doomed though.)

CL82

Reaction Score
74- 69 Cuse. Georgetown got as close as three. Some stupid plays down the stretch

Reaction Score
Cuse isn’t bad, even if ugly. They’ve blown out a couple mid majors, had a couple nail biters against Buffalo and Bryant, lost to a good Rutgers team and a meh Pitt team. Now they beat a meh Georgetown. I think Boheim will have them on the bubble.

Reaction Score
Cuse isn’t bad, even if ugly. They’ve blown out a couple mid majors, had a couple nail biters against Buffalo and Bryant, lost to a good Rutgers team and a meh Pitt team. Now they beat a meh Georgetown. I think Boheim will have them on the bubble.
They were lucky to beat Bryant and Buffalo. Scratched past Georgetown, a bottom feeder in the Big East. Won a few meaningless games. Had 1 good game against BC. Lost by 10 to Rutgers whos KenPom 30, a decent performance. Hold off Northeastern only by 6. And lose to a Pitt team who didn’t have their leading scorer and 2 other key players.

They don’t have any Q1 wins, they are wildly inconsistent. They could be a bubble team, but they are extremely soft and have no depth. I don’t see them having a strong finish, and in a year where the top of the ACC isn’t strong and they have a bunch of 20-60 teams, I don’t see them finishing top 7 in the league.
I think they can beat Pitt 1 of the 2 remaining times, other than that unless they have a lucky shooting night, they aren’t winning a game until the end of their schedule when they play Georgia Tech in what will be a very competitive game.

From when I’ve watched them, they are extremely soft and don’t compete on both ends. They settle for difficult shots half the time. Their guards are very inconsistent so if they have a bad night they have no chance. Their 2 front court players are not bad players(Dolezjai and Guerrier) but they do not belong in their positions which makes them a liability.

I may be biased against them but I see them losing more games than winning of the games remaining and missing the tournament.

Reaction Score
They were lucky to beat Bryant and Buffalo. Scratched past Georgetown, a bottom feeder in the Big East. Won a few meaningless games. Had 1 good game against BC. Lost by 10 to Rutgers whos KenPom 30, a decent performance. Hold off Northeastern only by 6. And lose to a Pitt team who didn’t have their leading scorer and 2 other key players.

They don’t have any Q1 wins, they are wildly inconsistent. They could be a bubble team, but they are extremely soft and have no depth. I don’t see them having a strong finish, and in a year where the top of the ACC isn’t strong and they have a bunch of 20-60 teams, I don’t see them finishing top 7 in the league.
I think they can beat Pitt 1 of the 2 remaining times, other than that unless they have a lucky shooting night, they aren’t winning a game until the end of their schedule when they play Georgia Tech in what will be a very competitive game.

From when I’ve watched them, they are extremely soft and don’t compete on both ends. They settle for difficult shots half the time. Their guards are very inconsistent so if they have a bad night they have no chance. Their 2 front court players are not bad players(Dolezjai and Guerrier) but they do not belong in their positions which makes them a liability.

I may be biased against them but I see them losing more games than winning of the games remaining and missing the tournament.

Boeheim is good enough to make all of his teams presentable. Same almost every year.

CL82

Reaction Score
Buddy made some big shots in that game. He has decent range.

FWIW

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This may be a dumb question, but has the move to the ACC helped Syracuse? I keep hoping they'll come back to the Big East.. So we can have a ruckus BE Tournament again. They definitely added to the environment.

Hoping someone with insight into the financial situation can comment. I kind of assume there's no decision at all. Cuse makes so much $$ as a member of the ACC they would never even consider coming back.

Reaction Score
This may be a dumb question, but has the move to the ACC helped Syracuse? I keep hoping they'll come back to the Big East.. So we can have a ruckus BE Tournament again. They definitely added to the environment.

Hoping someone with insight into the financial situation can comment. I kind of assume there's no decision at all. Cuse makes so much $$ as a member of the ACC they would never even consider coming back.
you asked and answered in the same thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I love it when Buddy and JG3 go off and have a good game. You know they can't do it against high level competition or do it consistently which keeps the team from being its best and hinders recruiting because recruits know they are going to sit behind those two.

It's like when a .235 hitter goes 3-4 with a dinger and a few ribbies. You tip your cap for a game well done, but you know they can't do it over the long haul.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ironically, the AAC is the better conference for UConn to have been in. Who has UConn played from the NBE that says "Ah the good old days".

If you mean so far this year, no one yet. By the end of January it will be Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Seton Hall and Providence.

No one here really misses playing BCU except for the fun of rubbing it in your face. Pitt and WVU had up and down times but they are easily forgotten.

Reaction Score
Ironically, the AAC is the better conference for UConn to have been in. Who has UConn played from the NBE that says "Ah the good old days".

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve enjoyed the Big East games so far more than any AAC game. Other than Cincy, I just had no interest in those schools.

Reaction Score
I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve enjoyed the Big East games so far more than any AAC game. Other than Cincy, I just had no interest in those schools.
You know what I enjoy most about being in the new Big East? Winning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom